A new Tomb Raider in development by Crystal Dynamics

Weak

1 Like

The guns felt like a NERF rifle lol.

I mean this just comes down to opinions on what is good and what isn’t. And has diverged from the original conversation. Doom eternal is so so far from what I think Doom was about. I don’t think it’s a good game personally. Doom 2016 was better. But Wolfenstein for example those games now are really good but they are entirely different in so many ways to wolf 3d and they aren’t just a modern take on it either.

Rise of the tomb raider is an absolutely great game. It’s a shame you dont like it just like I don’t like Doom eternal. Funnily enough they basically got the exact same metacritic scores these two games…just comes down to personal opinions and taste.

I enjoyed all 3 from the reboot trilogy, not amazing, but solid enough for me. It would be great if they updated the trilogy for SX. 60fps 4k would make a great way tp revisit.

So “from deal with it” and “go back to 90’s” is all down to preferences and personal taste now…well this is progress I guess.

Of course I can’t understand how anyone can say that DOOM Eternal is not even a good game and how automated platforming can be described as good, meaningful gameplay let alone be better than something that requires timing and skill from the player but yeah whatever floats your boat…I’ve seen my share of hot takes all those years that I participate on gaming forums e.t.c so I think I can survive those. The only sure thing is that our tastes in games differ greatly…that’s for sure.

Unfortunately I was not overly impressed with Doom 2016 and hated Eternal. But I dont think Eternal a bad game, I just didn’t like it at all. I remember my first go at Doom was on the N64 and loved it. Whatever Eternal is, it isn’t what Doom once was that’s for sure.

I hope it retains most of the atmosphere of the reboot. I know some people are down on the reboots because of the Xbox year exclusive, but ALL of the games were great in my opinion. I played the OG TR games when they came out and they were good for their time but any game that borrowed heavily from those today would feel very antiquated. The OG TR games were a product of their time and would not hold up well today.

I honestly think the only reason the reboots are looked badly upon are salty PS fans still ticked off about the 1 year exclusive.

I’m glad more games are coming, loved the reboots

So you’re accusing me of being “a salty PS fan still ticked off about the 1 year exclusive”? :thinking: :rofl: