A new Tomb Raider in development by Crystal Dynamics

Not really much combat in Shadow. And when you are in combat you’re encouraged to use stealth which I didn’t mind. I just wish there was a tiny bit more combat. Enemies don’t respawn like they did in 2013 and Rise which sucks because you learn some really good combat skills towards the end of the game but you don’t really get the opportunity to use them. Luckily the DLC Tombs help in that regard.

1 Like

Wait, Crystal Dynamics didn’t have that much influence on Shadow of the Tomb Raider? Never knew that. Looking forward to what they do next with Tomb Raider though.

all I know is the game will look fucking insane on new gen consoles and PC. Rise is one of the most beautiful games and while Shadow wasn’t as big a leap, it was still gorgeous, but I could see the downgrades from the initial reveals. The new one will finally be unshackled by dogshit 2013 jaguar CPUs.

Time for Crystal Dynamics to shake off the stench of Avengers and get their credibility back

Good, Shadow of the Tomb Raider wasn’t that great but it was made by Eidos Montreal I believe. Gotta let Crystal Dynamics take the reigns again

Dont know why the Shadow Hate when it and the 2013 game are the best ones.

1 Like

Hmmmm, that actually sounds right up my street, a little “Amuse-bouche” combat before dining down on the actual raiding of tombs. I might give it a whirl now. I suppose the best of both could be like you say DLC which offers more gameplay or specific “arcade style” modes for speed/stealth combat.

Anyway, thanks @eggplant Shall add shadow to the backlog pile…

still eyeing up hitman 3

2 Likes

I love this series, can’t wait!!

Speaking of puzzles…

I quite liked some of the puzzles in Underworld. If I remember correctly there were some physics based puzzles too. Really digged though and they weren’t exactly easy either.

1 Like

Enjoy it! I preferred it over Rise. It’s a stunning game and the puzzles are brilliant, plus you can tail certain elements like combat, exploration and puzzles. Having no white paint on walls is a much needed feature. Makes me sad that Eidos Montreal aren’t working on the next game.

Awesome…get Crystal Dynamics back where they belong. Love the rebooted Tomb Raider games. Shame it’s a ways away but still hyped!!!

I hope they go back to something more like TR2013. I know it was just Uncharted with a different skin. That’s why I liked it. :stuck_out_tongue:

The sequels were all right but just didn’t hit the same heights for me.

1 Like

There is nothing more detestable than the ‘hah tomb raider it’s literally in the name it’s about tombs and CD have forgotten that’. It’s literally one of the most fascile nonsensical arguments ever. Usually made by people who lap up 3rd person cinematic style adventure games too…

The world of gaming has moved on since the 90s. Deal with it.

My two cents. Less story. More tombs.

For the record I really like the second game too. I was one of the few who bought it day one. Game itself was great just the story was kinda meh.

1 Like

Well alright!!

Can’t wait, Rise was a fabulous game

Personnally, I loved Shadow, my favorite in the trilogy after Rise. The setting, the atmosphere and the tombs were all incredible.

I don’t understand why it’s seems to be so disliked.

1 Like

Ι can reverse the argument too, people who like the post 2013 TR games were never fans of the series in the first place and that’s why they don’t have a problem with a lot of shootbangs, excessive handholding/lack of challenge, automated meaningless platforming that doesn’t require any player agency at all and nonsensical “emotional” stories. See? it’s easy to be a dick and attack other person’s preferences and opinions.

Just because Uncharted made the action/adventure genre a dumb, scripted set-piece galore it doesn’t mean that we have to like it, just stop with the “stuck in the 90’s” & “deal with it” non sense. A classic series like Tomb Raider that defined the genre in the first place deserves much better than to be a clone of something like Uncharted, they should try and do their own thing instead and actually be an alternative in the genre or is that a bad thing? according to your response having more games with different styles in the same genre is not good and that’s how we do it at 2021/we should deal with it. :roll_eyes:

Imagine saying this when the Res 2 remake is around …

What is wrong with REmake 2? the game is literally the old RE style just in 3rd person, it actually did what Metroid Prime did for the Metroid series. It translated perfectly the ethos and design of the original game to a different perspective.