1st time in history, Xbox is on track to leapfrog Sony PlayStation in revenue

Yea this has some people pissed. Xbox strategy of having a diverse business model for Xbox is paying off and with ABK their gaming dvisionmis going to pass Sony in gaming revenue. You kn9w the one metric that actually matters most. This is why Xbox does not have to depend solely on hardware sales like sony does.

The salt is flowing https://twitter.com/JezCorden/status/1726251904416821483osted

6 Likes

Pretty sure Xbox was ahead in revenue and profit the entire 360 generation as well.

2 Likes

Came here to say this, dunno if it was the entire generation but a lot if not most of it, not sure how it’s 1st time in history.

“THATS ONLY BECAUSE OF ABK, DOESN’T COUNT”

10 Likes

Of course, Sony was negative during the ps3 gen.

Let me be petty this one time but…. a certain forum not taking it well :joy:

I mean it’s common sense, Xbox and ABK, which is the largest third party gaming company in the US would result to Microsoft(Xbox) being bigger than Sony(PS)/or at least right up there in terms of revenue. In profits though, that will be a bigger gap.

3 Likes

14 Likes

Shocking the thread got locked on a certain forum. Positive Xbox news not allowed.

8 Likes

US Government: Sorry Microsoft, you can’t use this cash. It came from ABK so it doesn’t count, it is worthless.

6 Likes

Negative revenue? No. Negative profit sure, but revenue they had in spades

Jez writes something critical of Xbox. Loads of pages on that place praising the article and agreeing. He writes a piece revenue topping Sony…worst journalist in the world…should be banned as a source…etc…etc…

11 Likes

It’s because this breaks their narrative of Xbox struggling to sell consoles so they should go third party to make up profits because they need PlayStation players lol. They just want a playstation monopoly, but consolidation bad am I right?

4 Likes

If it isn’t a thread about begging Xbox to go third party or hope Xbox leaves the industry it’ll be locked same people who cry about consolidation and competition btw lmao

I’m a little confused by the numbers from the newzoo report. Does it not include hardware or something along those lines?

Honestly, xbox owning Activision, Minecraft, Bethesda, and so on means any gaming site that relies heavily on sales narratives will suddenly find themselves pointless. Every day is the same. Every quarter is the same: Microsoft gaming 1st place. Every year isthe same: microsoft gaming first place. Every generation is the same: microsoft gaming first place. Theres no point anymore, unless those sites just want to beat a dead horse.

1 Like

“So if this is about competition, let us have competition.” - Satya Nadella.

7 Likes

Brilliant news and well done to Phil and the team and Xbox.

Do you know when it will be official this leap? Next quarter maybe, when the revenue streams will be combined?

Next quarter results I’d imagine, Xbox said they were expecting like 50% increases by next quarter which would only be possible with adding ABK

4 Likes

It’s only about competition when it comes to only “certain” sales metrics that show Sony in a good light. anything else doesn’t count.

2 Likes