Yakuza series 15th anniversary special live stream on December 8 from 20:00 to 22:00 JST

Hirassheimase!

Yakuza 15th Anniversary Special Program

December 8 @ 6:00 am - 8:00 am EST

Sega will host a Yakuza series 15th anniversary special live stream on December 8 from 20:00 to 22:00 JST. You will be able to watch it on Youtube

The live stream will look back on 15 years of the Yakuza series as well as make announcements about future developments.

Presenters include Takaya Kuroda (Kazuma Kiryu voice actor), Kazuhiro Nakaya (Ichiban Kasuga voice actor), Toshihiro Nagoshi ( Yakuza series general director), Daisuke Satou (Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio representative / producer), Masayoshi Yokoyama ( Yakuza series chief producer), host Yurika Tachibana (hostess actor in Kurohyou 2: Ryu ga Gotoku Ashura Hen ), and more.

Sega is seeking users to participate in the live stream in real-time surveys via Zoom. You can apply here until November 26 at 23:59 JST.

Source below

Feel free to discuss!

3 Likes

While I’m not expecting anything, it would be awesome to get the other Yakuza remakes on the Xbox. I’ll always be a bit of proponent for a Sega acquisition too of course ;p

2 Likes

Yes I am waiting for Kiwami 3 or the 3,4,5 compilation and Yakuza 6 The Song Of Life.

Yes this studio is incredible I would have loved MS to acquire them.

We’ll also get to know the next project in the Yakuza series and I already know what is it but won’t spoil the fun :sweat_smile:

Great times ahead!

1 Like

Not expecting any western news like Ishin finally coming to the west or any more Xbox/PC ports since this is a Japanese stream, but I am excited nonetheless. Maybe we will get to see the next installment in the series. Should be fun. Just finished Like a Dragon yesterday and loved it the whole way through.

1 Like

Glad to see you enjoyed it. It’s a great game indeed. Love it too.

As for Ishin, they know we want it…

1 Like

It starts in few minutes everyone! Less than 15 minutes to go!

Let’s go!

I’m really enjoying ZERO, and was funnier than I expected it (thought it’d be a drama, but it’s closer to a comedy actually :stuck_out_tongue: ). So let’s hope they have more Xbox and PC (Gamepass) announcements coming, as this is a series I might be a fan off now :P.

So did anything new get announced?

No, they did say that they’re working on the next Yakuza game though (which is kinda obvious).

Some cologne got announced lol:

They also announced a character art and info book for March 2021 (not sure whether this will come to the west though):

1 Like

Ah unfortunately they didn’t show more of the next game they are working on but aknowledged it

They will also release a PS5 international version in Japan that includes the English VA.

Sucks we didn’t get a new game announcement. I wasn’t expecting them to announce Xbox and PC ports of 3-6 + Judgment anyways. Xbox versions will get announced in an Xbox event anyways like they have done before.

I hope to play 3-6 before I start LAD, but if they’re not announced after I finish it I’ll just play it anyways. Will suck about the spoilers though…

Yakuza Zero is exceptionnal for me. Masterpiece. Wait till you finish it.

2 Likes

If I ever, there is quite a bit to do… besides beating up people (which is most of the fun :stuck_out_tongue: )

It’s like Streets of rage with some open world attached. Plenty of people to beat up, in a satisfying way.

Lol the story is crazy good as always. Don’t sleep on the other Yakuza games too.

I just enjoy the comedy, it reminds me a bit of the Slapstick Action movies from Jackie Chan (different culture and country I know, but it has a similar “Beat the shit out of bad guys, in a silly over the top way” to it. :P). Would love for them to really fully embrace it and go for extremely silly as the studio is known to make spin offs :P. It also reminds me of Zatoichi movies (For obvious reasons even if it’s in modern times :P).