Yakuza: Like a Dragon Xbox Series X Hands-On Preview

2 Likes

Second time in a span of 9 hours that Ryan starts a preview demeaning a game saying it doesnt feel very next-gen for Dirt 5 and Yakuza 7 (2 cross-gen games).

They just love feeding fuel into a non-existent fire.

7 Likes

You mean to tell me a last gen game doesn’t feel next-gen? Thanks IGN

3 Likes

Watched footage of it but damn, this might me a skip for me. The combat moves are crazy and over the top and that’s great but the turn-based system is not what suits Yakuza, at least not for me. The real time combat is so fun and good in the games. I personally hope it’s a one time thing.

I never was able to get into TB combat. Despite that I’m still gonna give DQ a shot, but that’s on GP anyway.

1 Like

I shouldn’t but I can’t help but feel he’s just doing this deliberately. Yakuza games aren’t lookers (they’re also not for me). Also feel he went out of his way to make Dirt5 look bad and now Digital Foundry are embarrassing him.

3 Likes

Turn based combat is an insta no for me, but glad this game exists on the platform for those who like it

After playing through every Yakuza game this change is super welcomed on my end.

1 Like

Not a fan of Ryan, still surprises me that he openly tweeted displeasure of tomb raider timed exclusivity, but praised ps5 timed exclusivity of Ff16.

And instead of responding like a professional and explaining himself, he just blocked people that mentioned it.

Bad look for Ryan.

6 Likes

Can’t wait for the new combat as well, looks great.

1 Like

Very excited for this game. Probably gonna wait and see if Digital Foundry made a video about this too though, given what the disparity between their Dirt 5 overview and what other outlets have put out.

1 Like

Any, how should I put it…more professional sites done previews yet?

5 Likes

https://twitter.com/JezCorden/status/1315739666885283840

3 Likes

My most anticipated game of November. Can’t get enough of Yakuza.

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

tenor (5)

1 Like

Sorry for the bump, but Digital Foundry did a video as well:

1 Like

This will be my launch game that holds me over til Cyberpunk releases. Can’t wait for it. So happy it’s turn-based too. Should be a fresh change of pace. Turn-Based RPGs need to come back. Hate how RPGs are all going live-action style gameplay now. :frowning:

Couldn’t agree more. Honestly, with this and DQXI I might stay in a happy turn-based JRPG bubble until the next-gen patch of Cyberpunk comes out.

1 Like

That loading screen, it was barely even there :sweat_smile:.

1 Like

I finished playing Kiwami 2 a few months ago. It was so painful how every time you failed a minigame, you got kicked out and had to wait for the world to load in to hit “try again.” Can’t wait to jump on this. My only worry is that I’m still at the beginning of 4 and I’m afraid 4-6 will get spoiled for me.

1 Like