Yakuza 3-6 coming to Xbox Game Pass

This is at the top of the Yakuza subreddit so i had to share it.

15 Likes

What do you think? Full-back Blinx tattoo?

2 Likes

Now we just need Judgment and Sakura Wars. I want to say Persona and SMT as well but well Atlus are a stubborn bunch sadly.

Man gamepass is just too damn good. Some what off topic, but im wondering what’s the status of Final Fantasy coming to gamepass.

Nah it’d be a Voodoo Vince tattoo :slight_smile:

2 Likes

:joy: Excellent, saved for later!

The Yakuza subreddit is really damn funny, go check from time to time the memes are crazy.

1 Like

My jumping in point has been Yakuza LAD. Such a great game. Probably top 2 games of 2020. Despite going from turn based to melee, now that I get the tone and overall design of the world, I’m looking forward to playing through all of them.

1 Like

Yakuza 0 is the best one and absolutely the one you should play next. LAD is easily my second favorite though.

1 Like

Yep Y0 still the best with Y7 just close behind

1 Like

Ahahahahah this is great

1 Like

I like LAD a bit more, just because it’s more modern and faster. 0 is old tech at this point which could get annoying in some points. But both are great games

I agree. LAD has the best QoL improvement, in that you no longer have loading screens when entering restaurants and stores, so that alone makes it better! I also prefer the turn-based combat of LAD, despite being skeptical beforehand. The old method did start to grate after a while, though I hope RGG studio finds a way to incorporate environmental attacks (dumping goons in the river was sorely missed!) and improve character positioning.

Seriously though, I’m finding the franchise great so far and am looking forward to finishing Kiryu’s saga next year.

1 Like

Hopefully they run at 60fps on SX

They do but unsure if Yakuza 6 will be 60 fps.

Honestly its great to see Japanese games on Xbox. Really hope Atlus consider putting the Persona series on Xbox I know a ton of people who would jump at that.

Also Square… please out FF7 Remake on Xbox after the year long Sony deals done :slight_smile:

1 Like

FF7 remake is basically a lock for Gamepass in my opinion.

1 Like

It’s still weird to me after putting old FFs on gamepass and even debuting DQ11 day one on gamepass that Square decided to skip their 3 new games on Xbox for a year or more.

I hope it doesn’t become a trend for Japanese games : to launch exclusively on Playstation then take advantage of the Ms money to put it on gamepass and mitigate the loss of sales for not putting it on the console day one. In a way it feels like they are abusing Ms platform to help fund timed exclusivity on Playstation.

2 Likes

Yakuza 0, then follow it up from there. Don’t take it all goo serious and play it as an action comedy with some very melodramatic plots. It is hilarious then. Especially in Japanese as those voice actors really go for that over the top thing.

Also: wooohooooo…more adventure of my punching friend Kiryu! Punching people to save the world, one punch at a time. And. Seriously man the facial expressions are so over the top it’s fantastic. Like when he buys a plot:“I’ll make an offer…IN CASH!”. Or when he’s thinking or has to look sophisticated and they just put glasses on him heh.

PS: I actually like the grappling better, but that could just be my favorite sport making me biased. Still he has some sweet grappling moves and some are extremely funny… others just painful to watch. Heh.

I am going straight to Yakuza 6 as that is most modern game in the series.

0 is one of my GOAT 1 was okay and 2 was okay. My main problem with them is that the story gets deviated to do some silly quests in the middle of serious scene which killed the intensity.

Honestly this is worth the price of Game Pass alone lol

I own all of them on my PS4, but haven’t had the time beyond 0 and Kiwami… I may just jump into Kiwami 2 on Game Pass and play the rest all on Xbox.