xCloud (Xbox Cloud Gaming) |OT| An Apple a day, keeps cloud gaming away

I just opened the app and have a bunch of games with the Series X icon. Gonna have to try this out in a bit.

I gotta say in the past month or two xCloud has started working way better for me. I used to get frequent stutters and macroblocking so bad it covered most of the screen at times, but lately things have been pretty smooth.

And now with the Series X blades, stuff like Yakuza Like A Dragon is a better experience through the cloud than playing it on my phat Xbox One (it’s the framerate). I also played through a chapter of Celeste and could really feel less input lag compared to before. I don’t know that I’d wanna do the b-sides through the cloud, but latency is much improved.

2 Likes

Just got a Razer Kishi, is there a list of games that are on the series x server blade?

Is this in the normal or BETA app?

(Android)

I don’t think there is an official list yet, but on the mobile Game Pass app the games supported by new blades have the Series X icon, so you could browse them like that.

1 Like

Android and for me it is the regular release app.

1 Like

For some reason I can’t load up outriders. It doesn’t get past the loading server page, so I can chose character

Don’t know if it’s my networking setup at home or something MS did on the backend, but xCloud is so smooth for me now on my iPhone it’s insane!

1 Like

Is there a prediction on when this will be available on Xbox One consoles?

Forza Horizon 4 plays like a dream on xcloud now, this is amazing. Even when my connection is bad, its still playable (using the Backbone controller on iOS)

I don’t know what’s wrong but the games are running worse now on my Galaxy s21 Ultra. I get the Series X graphics options like in Ori. But I have very regular framedrops which I hadn’t before. Still playing from the same 5ghz wireless network.

Tried Control and Doom 2016 on my Laptop w/ 1060, I5 and very playable. on my 4 year old $160 Acer Spin 1 with a slow ass celeron, Control, very playable, Forza 7 and MCC got alot of sound hickups and studders.

I tested again on my Mac through the Safari browser and I can say the load times are much better, and the latency is improved as well. Nice impression so far.

Ok, I have now tried on my iPhone 12 Pro Max, on my Desktop and also on my fire TV Silk Browser. While the last one was unplayable ( and also not technically supported) the best experience I’ve had is on my desktop with a 1Gb wired connection and wired controller. You can tell it is compressed though, but for example I can’t really say why but Dirt 5 looks more compressed to me than Destiny 2 for example but both are perfectly playable on that setup.

Once you go bluetooth controller on wireless on the iPhone 12 Pro Max though it’s hit or miss, sometimes super smooth, sometimes super laggy. I’m not on a mesh and I have a decent 5Ghx wifi setup. I really wonder though how much of a difference I’d feel with a wired controller on the iPhone as sometimes touch controls almost feel smoother, so it could be the wireless controller adding that extra 10-20MS maybe that makes the whole experience so-so.

Really decent overall but there is definitely still work to do, especially in terms of video bitrate and in due time, I think 4K, HDR and Surround sound options will become a must if it wants to replace consoles/PC.

Anyone tried Elder Scrolls Online? For the past month or two, when playing via xCloud, I get disconnected from the ESO servers every time I switch zones. Long load and then an error message about making sure I have a “valid internet connection”. And since the latest patch I can’t even get past the character select screen.

Seems like there’s something up with the connection between the xCloud server blades and the ESO servers.

I had issues trying to connect to Outriders servers and game wouldn’t load up

hmm are we actually going to get a dedicated app for xcloud on iOS or is this just one of those things that you can create an app icon with a website.

creating the app icon for a website

Probably before FlightSim releases. I think they wanted to the blades to be up before FlightSim, and an Xcloud app available for Xbox One consoles.

Yup you are right I just did it and it looks exactly the same