XboxERA's 2022 Backlog Challenge |OT| New Challenger Approaching!

It’s a great system with a great library of games to play!

Still waiting on my response from @profjjj

1 Like

Sorry for the slow response. Didn’t mean to hold up your weekend games.

I have no intention of making a sprint to catch you here at the end. I’ve fallen down a rabbit hole of replaying some old games I have previously beaten years ago. Currently working on Lost Odyssey and considering replaying the Dragon Age franchise ahead of DA4 hopefully coming out this year.

So, feel free to play whatever you want. :grinning:

3 Likes

No worries. Thanks for the response! @profjjj

I too should make time for a playthrough of the Dragon Age games soon. Seems like a perfect thing for the 2023 backlog challenge! I need to play the Pillars of Eternity games too, before Avowed comes out.

2023 is looking like it’ll be a rough year for backlog gamers, though…so much new stuff to play!

2 Likes

Yep. I’m midway through a Pillars 1 play through, but I postponed it when we found out Avowed wasn’t coming soon. Need to get back to it. I will definitely play Pillars 1 and 2 before Avowed come out.

Unfortunately, I won’t get backlog credit for the Dragon Age games. I’ve played them all multiple times, but it’s been years (for the first two especially).

1 Like

A playthrough is a playthrough. I’d give you credit, FWIW.

1 Like

+1 Finished Contrast

Such a unique premise for a puzzle game with a decent story, but still has some technical issues 9 years later.

Had a couple of moments where I got stuck in spaces I shouldn’t be and had to redo the beginning of the same section twice because of it. Also had two hard crashes.

3 Likes

Psst @PhantomFox … The competition is over. :wink:

2 Likes

Oh, uh, whoopsies! Kinda snuck up on me, haha.

Alright, well, here’s the final tally:

Leaderboard - December 12th, 2022:

1. @outrigued +34.5
  2. @profjjj +29.5
  3. @Mort +25
  4. @NierlyCrazy +13
  5. @PhantomFox +2.5
  6. @BadMoodJones +1
  7. @watgreatgaming -1

Congratulations to @outrigued for winning XboxEra’s 2022 Backlog Challenge! And congrats to @profjjj @Mort @NierlyCrazy for putting up a damn good fight! You guys sure made a dent in your backlogs. This year’s competition was a lot of fun, even if I barely touched my backlog.

So from now on begins the grace period for 2023’s challenge. You can buy any game without any sort of penalty until the beginning of the new year. However, any games completed won’t count either, so keep that in mind.

4 Likes

Gratz @outrigued! Well fought everyone, the distractions where many… Me, I fully blame Game Pass :wink:

2 Likes

Thanks, everyone! This was a lot of fun and I am truly thankful to everyone here for all of their input throughout the year. It was really cool to see different people chase different genres/studios/series, and follow unique interests. It definitely inspired me to make sure I got to certain games sooner in my backlog, and I’m very appreciative of that. Quite looking forward to keeping this up next year.

Kudos to @PhantomFox for keeping things running smoothly.

Hope everyone has a great holiday season and shows up for 2023!

edit - so how do I claim my fancy new title and free Game Pass? :laughing: @Sikamikanico?

7 Likes

Nice title!

Wait, im confused…it’s only the 17th. Shouldn’t this go through December 31st?

No, ProgStopper set this up at the start to run until the 12th. From now until the start of the new year runs a grace period, where you can freely buy games. That’s how it went last year as well.

4 Likes

Oh, okay. Gotcha. You guys should buy, buy, buy away. lol

christmas shopping

3 Likes

Will there be a 2023 Backlog Challenge?

I’ve been stocking up a bit… haha.

I’m debating not bothering, personally. Pretty bummed that Prog quit so I never got my months of free GPU as a prize (my GPU is set to expire in February), and with Game Pass/the rest of the retail releases looking to be very promising, I’m not sure I’ll be very interested in making a lot of time for my backlog, at least in a competitive sense.

I said I would keep tally for the challenge, though, and I’ll stick to that promise, unless someone else would rather take over.

Ah, yeah that’s a bummer. I mostly saw it as a fun “competition” myself.

I’m happy to keep playing - though I’m sure I will not make nearly as much progress on the backlog next year. I’ve bought a few games during our “grace period” that I am looking forward to knocking out early in the year before the onslaught of new games coming.

I didn’t even know there was a prize offered. @outrigued - how many months of game pass were you supposed to win?

Yeah it’s nice to see what you guys are playing and talk about the games we’re completing. Got a lot of tips on which games to bump up, and down, in the backlog. I have quite enjoyed this little competition, and would also like to continue it next year, so that’s two of us at least hehe.

There’s quite a few new games getting released next year so the backlog will have a lot of competition… :wink:

I got myself a PS5 which also means my backlog grew quite a bit in this grace period too. Also picked up a few things in the sale for Xbox.

As for the prize, I don’t really know either… Prog disappeared before there was any real talk about that. All I know is that we don’t really need one going forward at least, the honor and fancy title is nice.

1 Like