XboxEra review | Scorn

The pure definition of “play it for yourself and see if you like it.” This is why Game Pass is perfect.

Reading through other’s reviews and I’m still not finding anyone that genuinely enjoyed playing the game. It’s all about the vibes and the looks, and not the story/writing/music/gameplay (because there is none of the first 3)

1 Like

Good thing we have Game Pass hehe. I’m still intrigued by this game and will try it out, I also have a soft spot for the weird, unconventional things like @Swanlee is alluding to so I hope I like it.

1 Like

I’m enjoying playing the “game” it really is more of a general experience but the “game” aspects are good so far.

Hate that there is no jump button and the game is very confusing. It’s still strangely compelling to play mind.

Wow, of all the games you’ve reviewed, is this one your least favorite @Doncabesa?

Also it’s “Giger” not “Geiger”

Not to surprised by the the scores Scorn is getting it always seemed like it was destined to be one of those 7/10 games that you will either love or hate

Nah that goes to Dolmen

1 Like

Ok im 30 mins in and just stuck in the first puzzle area. No idea what to do or where to go. Amazing graphics and atmosphere but very directionless

EDIT. Figured it out. Feel like these puzzles are a waste of time because it doesnt really get you to engage with the environments and atmosphere with the game

This game looks amazing but feels like they half assed the idea behind an actual video game and rushed in random puzzle concepts.

Im not saying i want full on combat or it to be a shooter of anykind but they should have maybe added some form of survival horror element to it and made it more tense.

This sort of sounds like what I think about games like Inside or Limbo.

Both of those games have a proper gameplay structure and are very coherent in the eay theyre designed. And the level of puzzles are of incredible hgih standards.

2 Likes

Yeah Inside and Limbo are masterpieces. Scorn has some decent ideas and occasionally striking visuals, but its puzzles are mediocre and the forced combat in multiple acts is atrocious.

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve watched enough gameplay that they’re a pass as they didn’t have anything of interest for me.

Never stops being the funniest name. :laughing:

My kind of game. The homage to Giger alone is amazing.

1 Like

Looks like there was an update. Anybody got any ideas on what it entails?

I want to start it up, but some of the bugs mentioned in reviews has kinda made me want to wait it out a bit.:sweat_smile:

1 Like

I played on PC mainly, they don’t give a heck about build quality there compared to console.

1 Like

Yup. I see posts about the PC Shader Compilation Stutters issues. So many PC games have that issue but usually the ones with smaller environments and more linear procession dont have it as bad.

1 Like

Just finished the game and enjoyed it more than I was expecting. Some points I agree others not so much. Didn’t think the “combat” was so bad, and the settings really got me even with the absence of context. It made me think and theorize what is going on there, but a proper context would be welcome. Overall, solid experience for me and my rate is 8/10. It seems it is polarizing game indeed.

3 Likes

So I played on PC, and after playing on console… I had WAY more enemies on the pc build they gave me

2 Likes