XboxEra Podcast |OT| - Better than the other one you listen to

I shared this idea in chat and shaing it here again, they should create a custom mode for the “Name a Game” segment with Forge. Its really the framework for buzzing in and keeping track of score and even timing out on answering after buzzing in, etc…

1 Like

I was thinking, why not have a desk lamp as a buzzer? Press the switch to answer, and the light should suffice as a buzzer. For the audio podcast, Jesse can simply announce who flashed first.

I can put in a time with the scoreboard i have. The main solution will be a goxlr eventually once the site can afford it.

When it comes to buzzing there are solutions that take into account latency and stuff. I would think that the best solution notes the local timestamp and does a cross-reference to see which one buzzed in first, but this solution simply claims it takes latency into account:

The only thing it doesn’t take into account is the latency between the person asking the question and each person hearing it. I’ve done something similar before with my friends and the one in my own town hears things sooner than my friend in Central America over voice calls.

I was also thinking that one way to include the audience is to run a YouTube poll at the beginning asking people who they think would win. No prize or whatever but just to get the audience engaged. I sort of feel those polls are underutilized in live streams in general so maybe this is a bad idea fueled by my desire to see polls galore.

1 Like

Yeah I wrote up the poll and forgot to hit enter :doge: , honestly I don’t want to overcomplicate it as the podcast is already a lot to run. It’s a fun little game to play

2 Likes

Podcast starts at 7PM EDT this week due to Jon’s daylight savings already hitting and the US not having it until after the episode.

1 Like

Nick getting me all excited about these sample sizes. Then I am immediately crushed and realize everything except for two flavors are sold out :disappointed:. Oh well at least I got that sweet $0.99 discount with CODE:Xboxera

3 Likes
4 Likes

oh, did not know that it started early today.

Didn’t listen live yesterday due to the hour change but that was one great episode! Bartolomej was an awesome guest and the overall vibes and chemistry was top-notch, some really funny moments in there too (special review copy of the game for Nick with double the cut-scenes needs to be a thing). Also some really good points from Bartolomej about Metroidvania design elements creeping their way in a lot of games lately without us realizing it (I have to play the Witness dammit!).

Really excited for Benedict Fox, game looks amazing! :partying_face:

2 Likes

He was great, can’t wait to have him on again (and with my normal producing setup)

1 Like

Ho Ho Hooooo

4 Likes

3 Hos on one show, wow.

2 Likes

As nice as that looks, it seems to be missing something, like the guard:troll:

1 Like

Going to take it that next week’s guest is MVG?

Just as a thought as a suggestion for a future guest. Nick mentioned in a previous podcast that the developer of the Paw Patrol games was Australian. I’d be interested in finding out what life as a lower tier developer is like, developing for kids, developing licensed IP games, and how Game Pass is working for them. Also, I’d ask how they would develop a Bluey game!

3 Likes

The Australian Orb-Weaver spider making the rounds as an Xbox Spider – ( The discovery has been dubbed the Xbox spider for obvious reasons. Source: Kim Proudlove/ Microsoft )

3 Likes

I’ve noticed Jesse makes many little snarky off hand comments to Nick in the podcasts now, not sure if Nick takes it as a joke…

Could be the beginning of the podcast crew falling apart

LOL, nah. Jesse is just getting into the friendly ribbing us Brits and Australians enjoy. :blush:

5 Likes

That’s why Rand al Thor gets along with Nick so well.

3 Likes