XboxEra Podcast |OT| - Better than the other one you listen to

we’re going to burn them in effigy (or get to them during the show as well)

2 Likes

2 Likes

Get Gaz to do his very best :robot: voice considering he has that voice changer software he often uses! :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

I agree with this. The podcast continuously keeps improving in quality from a production standpoint and @Doncabesa deserves a lot of credit for that as we don’t really get to see the work in the background that takes place to make it look good with transitions, etc. The work behind the scenes is really paying off, mad props to everyone involved.

5 Likes

Thanks guys, I’m putting a ton of time/effort in and I’m hoping it shows on both YHMAH and this show. It’s super fun to do, but as you can see by how little I talk on YHMAH now it’s mentally exhausting at times :doge:

6 Likes

Just little things like making the tweet by @Creaky_Legs appear on screen just at the right moment adds so much to the show! :rofl:

https://twitter.com/CreakyLegs/status/1512929304291774473

1 Like

Watching the podcast from yesterday and Nick says that Microsoft doesn’t give out sales numbers for Series X/S but they did. They were at 12m+ as of December 31st, 2021 while Sony was at 17m+ as of December 31st, 2021. I believe that Microsoft will give out sales numbers every six months.

1 Like

Nope. There are only estimates from places. The quotes used can only give a lower bounds as no numbers have been specified.

In a wide-ranging New York Times interview, Xbox boss Phil Spencer said Microsoft had “at this point… sold more of this generation of Xboxes, which is Xbox Series X and S, than we had any previous version of Xboxes.”

https://twitter.com/ZhugeEX/status/1480856801688047617?s=20&t=XIvPUoIhxl8fnsnT_zAAeQ

3 Likes

They have not given out sales numbers in a very, very long time.

Okay. It was due to Microsoft saying fastest selling Xbox console as Xbox One was over 11m going into 2015 so that’s where the 12m+ number came from that I posted. I thought it was from Microsoft’s quarter update back in late January.

Either way, Xbox Series is selling very well and in all honesty, they should reveal their console sales numbers because the better selling they are, those who don’t already own one will be more enticed to buy one because when a console brand is doing well, those who didn’t care before are more likely to jump in because they’re more confident in the product that is being sold.

1 Like

Patrons! We are going to respect this kind man’s time and not go super long with questions :doge: please!

6 Likes

Can we open the thread for community questions early, for questions for Ed Fries only, close it after a couple of days, and then reopen it on the weekend for the usual non-guest community questions? I think that way questions for Ed Fries can be collated and perhaps viewed by Fries ahead of the podcast, so he can make considered replies.

GOC

What a show! :exploding_head: Hope you lot enjoyed it as much as we did!

10 Likes

Compliments all around on episode 105

Ed was a marvelous guest. Nick did a great job keeping the questions rolling and keeping track of multifaceted ones, so your guest always remembered each part of question to address . John had some great followups and insights. And Jess had things rolling smooth with transitions, relative videos and media links

Very enjoyable show gentlemen

8 Likes

4 Likes

Fantastic episode as always guys, keep the great work and soon we will be talking about thousands upon thousands of people looking at the podcast :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Anyone who wants to share this around other places it would be appreciated. The show was so good but it’s barely been watched!

1 Like

I shared it in a few discords. Was such a fantastic episode, I hope a lot of people watch it. Ed Fries was a great guest and the crew did a fantastic job of keeping the conversation flowing with great questions.

1 Like

I think a lot of people may not know who Ed is so that is probably why it does not have the highest view count so far. Still it is close to 2k views which is pretty good.

What an amazing show was that. Ed is a legend AND true gamer.

1 Like