XboxEra Podcast |OT| - Better than the other one you listen to

One of my Xbox Live friends skips all cutscenes and dialogue in games like Skyrim and Fallout and it pains me lol! Half of the enjoyment of RPG games is the dialogue.

I like Nick, but he’s definitely a villain for this practice. I hope we can make him see the light some day :purple_heart:

2 Likes

I am afraid he is a lost cause.

That is 1000% me when I play games

2 Likes

I’m 1/3rd through the podcast and I just wanted to thank y’all for not having any Halo spoilers, I’m one of the few still making my way through the game (I’m relishing it…maybe a little too much because at this rate it’ll be another 2 weeks before I beat it).

Love the Christmas theme too!

1 Like

Looking forward to John and Nick flying to Sri Lanka as a neutral midway point so they have the same amount of lag for the next Friends competition.

1 Like

Instead of speed, both should be given a question. They are giving 20 seconds to write down the answer on a piece of paper. Both need to show answer to camera at the same time.

Hey, he won anyway…but I can’t help but feel like Nick knew exactly what he was doing when he kept calling for it to be “whoever yells out the answer first” on the questions. Because then he could complain he was first, whenever it was close

Like he wanted the built in excuse, in case he lost

Quite sinisterly clever, oh Speshal one

The 2nd Annual Grubbsmas Holiday Specialtacular!

00:00:00 - Going live 00:04:17

• Intro 00:04:40

• Hi everyone! 00:05:49

• What have we been playing? 00:12:12

• We go through a bunch of Superchats 00:28:55

• New Ghostbusters game? 00:30:43

• Forza Horizon 5 and Halo Infinite snubbed by the PlayStation Blog Awards 00:31:57

• What are our Top 3/5 Games of the Year 00:42:22

• Tangent about games for 2022, particularly Nintendo stuff 00:45:25

• We go through a tonne more Superchats 00:56:29

Rumour Mill 01:03:30 - -Patron shoutout 01:04:45 - Community Question #1: Doncabesa - Did Jeff go back to the Halo campaign? 01:06:43

• Community Question #2: Proven - Do devs/publishers get annoyed when you leak stuff? 01:10:45
  • Community Question #3: morventhus - No.1 Holiday wish and favourite holiday dessert?? 01:15:56
  • Community Question #4: Cayde4Ever - Predictions for 2022? 01:19:14
  • Community Question #5: DirtyFlint - Did your kids have a good Christmas? 01:21:44
  • Community Question #6: Creaky Legs - Why can’t Jeff make Nick watch cutscenes? Also Bioshock capturing issues 01:24:58
  • Community Question #7: Phalaxis - Wishes/dreams for 2022? 01:26:52
  • Community Question #8: Good Old Collingwood - Gaming resolutions for 2022? Also…Unions? 01:29:02
  • Community Question #9: TurboShawn - Dragular and Friends 01:32:22
  • Community Question #10: DeoGame - Sony and MS addressing each others weaknesses/strengths 01:36:43
  • Community Question #11: n0tjack - Most/Least anticipated 2022 game? 01:42:19
  • Community Question #12: Kraken56 - XGS game that will leave longest lasting impresion? 01:45:31
  • Community Question #13: Proven - Should I get hyped for Starfield? 01:48:55
  • Another bunch of Superchats 02:06:25
  • Wrapping up 02:08:15 - Ciao for now!
6 Likes

I have developed a game awards fobia.

I just stop listening if they talk about the game awards. This goes for all my xbox podcasts. From xboxbros to xbox two and ofcourse this one too.

Enough!!!

Was just listening to the latest podcast where y’all were talking about the weather… it’s been pretty cold here in Alberta, Canada for the last couple weeks. This is the temperature tonight:

The -47°C figure is with wind-chill. If you’re not wearing 3+ layers you will feel the cold in your bones.

6 Likes

yo i am applying for masters at the University of Alberta. this is insane weather

2 Likes

fuck this lmao

2 Likes

What’s up with the Darkwing Duck thing? Is it referencing something a certain poster on a certain forum said or am I pulling a Pepe Silvia?

I would like to know also, I do assume it’s slang for who gives a fuck.

Things Change.

4 Likes

Good show this week, excellent conversation about toilet paper. Also, @Shpeshal_Nick episode 100 sound like it will be a good one. You should try to one up it for episode 101 and get Todd Howard himself or maybe Pete Hines.

2 Likes

Nick’s the reason the podcasts go for so long :joy:

7 Likes

Like when he repeats the same slowly delivered point 4-5 times in a row and John’s just sitting there waiting like “…is he done?”

3 Likes

Nick’s great but this is true :phil_lmao:

1 Like