XboxEra Podcast |OT| - Better than the other one you listen to

Watched the podcast last night and it was one of the top episodes for sure, Cog was a great guest, a lot of positive energy all around and some really interesting topics. Keep up the great work guys (and invite Cog again at the future!)! :partying_face:

2 Likes

Sounded like a bunch of boomers with the nostalgia talk :joy: Splinter Cell and Banjo are a waste of time. šŸƒā€ā™‚

1 Like

4 Likes

The review discussion about 9s and 10s being thrown around is true but I do believe XboxEra did something like this with a 7, imo. Reviews are just someoneā€™s experience with a game so itā€™s not a big deal, I just disagree with the high score it has.

I put off tidying my shed for 3 years and committed to doing it this summer, which I didnā€™t do. So I scheduled this past week to do it, at least an hour a day over the week. On the first day I set up some speakers and listened to You Had Me At Halo Live and got 3 hours worth of work done. And then on the next day of work listened to XboxEra Podcast Live and got 4 hours worth of work done.

So something I dreaded for a few years turned out to be pretty fun. Thanks to all involved, and all the Superchatters and Patreons that ask some pretty great questions. Thereā€™s something about the Live aspect with the community that makes it all feel different.

(I appreciate the prerecorded ones too, I split them up to 20-30 mins a day most of the time while choring)

6 Likes

Appreciate the kind words, and I agree - the live shows feel moreā€¦energetic?

@Shpeshal_Nick and I did discuss ALWAYS doing it liveā€¦

3 Likes

Obviously would be more stressful and involve more work to do that, but I think itā€™s worth it

Itā€™s not just you guys, but the audience is more engaged and likely to stick around the whole show, due to the live chatā€¦and hey, they give you money too sometimes!

Just think of the all the money they would be making off Xbot Killerā€™s Superchats!

This will be @Sikamikanico after a month of constant live pods

You will need mods on the standby always for doing this. I see Miles struggling sometimes on Chaturdays as he is doing this all alone.

Some say my modding qualities improve when Iā€™m drunk. And since pubs in The Netherlands have to close at 12 due to COVID, I often come home slightly tipsy when watching the live podcast :smiley:

2 Likes

Well Iā€™m sure there is a large commitment when it comes to doing it live and Iā€™d hate for you guys to get burnt out.

Iā€™m also wondering if it being less common (every 2 weeks) makes it seem more like a special event that gets a lot of engagement but I really have no idea youā€™d have to kind of look at the numbers.

YouTube is an interesting puzzle to figure out. You almost have to try everything and see what works.

2 Likes

Hot take, Live shows should just be the super chats and community questions :bosmanright:

Enjoyed this latest episode quite a bit. The guest was very cool and positive as well, which I enjoy.

Sorry to break it to you @Sikamikanico but I did drop The Artful Escape after all! Nothing against it but it didnā€™t resonate with me and I just didnā€™t find it engaging enough. In yet another success story for Game Pass, I didnā€™t feel the need to stick with it and was able to jump into another day 1 game that was much more my speed :grin:

I still canā€™t believe that Iā€™m only about halfway through that initial 3 years of gold into GPU conversion. Unbelievable value.

1 Like

I like live a ton, the only times YHMAH will be pre-recorded is the book stuff because I really liked editing that where possible. Our main podcasts and playthroughs though? Always live, baby!

1 Like

I literally canā€™t stop laughing about the inclusion of ā€œ2027ā€ in that introā€¦

Michael Jordan Reaction GIF

3 Likes

Is that in reference to a certain user on these forums whose username begins with H and ends in E :sweat_smile:?

I would think it is lol.

I have a bet with this person over that too :wink:

A clip from Indiana Jones, with ā€œ2027ā€ plastered on itā€¦ :rofl:

So I think yes.

And perfectly timed to ā€œor even your yearā€ lyrics. Genius!

3 Likes

At least he puts money where his mouth is lol.

I just had to double confirm because it was too funny :sweat_smile:. Also it is such an inside joke.

2 Likes