XboxEra Podcast |OT| - Better than the other one you listen to

Our Pizza sandwiches were literally an Iceland mini pizza (they used to come in a pack of 10 or so stacked into a tower of frozen pizza) @Sikamikanico Knows them… In a Warburtons bun. (Like a burger bun, but fresher, softer and without sesame). @Sikamikanico also knows them :smiley:

Essentially we had a slice of processed bread in a bun with a scrape of tomato sauce and a small fistfull of processed (then frozen, then warmed under a grill) cheese.

You Mam’s sound much nicer :smiley:

3 Likes

That still sounds pretty good though.

OH, forgot to say, she makes her own sauce. It’s fantastic, especially when it’s not the first day. Something about cooking it on the stove for hours and then refrigerating and then heating again just makes the flavor pop.

1 Like

Good episode fellas. At first I was opposed to the idea of a weekly show, but it seems to be working well from a discussion/content standpoint. I hope it’s also working for your personal lives as well, that’s #1!

2 Likes

suck my dick dicks GIF

1 Like

Hey, he is actually willing to!

https://twitter.com/G27Status/status/1382766371348578309?s=19

https://twitter.com/RaveofRavendale/status/1382774793972416517?s=19

6 Likes

From The AgeCommunity (thanks to Spheshal.ed) some questions for Adam Isgreen

1. We are veryy happy to see Aoe franchise growing up. After the recent Gameplay videos many fans shared their worries about some graphic aspects as “low textures, animations and buildings size”… We seen that those “graphic choices” are for competitive games and readability but many people don’t like this aspect. Unfortunately there are a lot of these discussions on very different communities (agecommunity, Steam, Reddit, youtube comments etc) I would ask to Relic and World’s Edge if they are going to hear those communities and making some changes for that. Thanks a lot

2. Is there going to be the possibility to rebind hotkeys in the options menu? All Relic’s past games are a bit infamous for not offering this feature

• Is the game targeting to appeal more to the competitive subpart of the community, how much have the competing expectations of two very different parts of the community affected the game’s development and did you eventually ‘pick a side’ to put it simply? Could you give a few examples?
  • In many people’s eyes, animations and unit movement looked crude and unpolished, are those some of the things that you plan to improve on before release?
  1. why this video seems different from the X019 version?

2. The size of buildings since 2019’s preview were significantly decreased. Units now look kind of silly next to smaller sized buildings because they appear as giants. For many players as myself included, this takes away some of the beauty and immersiveness of the game.

If this decision was purely related to gameplay reasons related to future e-sports competitions, could you allow an option for players to increase the size of buildings/decrease the size of units to match the 2019 gameplay presentation trailer ?

Question for the pod:

Think of your favorite meal/food. You’re hungry, you’ve ordered/prepared your favorite meal, you’ve set it on the table, etc. After grabbing some napkins, you turn around and see a number of flies have landed on your meal. How many nasty, crawling flies would be acceptable for you to go ahead and eat the meal anyway instead of tossing it in the trash? Yes, you can brush them away.

I love Japanese omurice (omelette rice essentially…look it up) and don’t have it often because I’m often lazy. I realized it would take a a fair amount of flies which is a scary thought. Maybe more than 5? Am I gross?

6 Likes

Why can I only heart this message once!

2 Likes

Question for the podcast:

Not really a question so much as I just need to put this idea out into the universe, but…it’d be really cool to see Obsidian (who made South Park: The Stick of Truth) make another Paper Mario-esque RPG! Maybe with Conker? I know they’re really busy with a lot of projects and I’m sure they’ve got plenty of ideas for more stuff in the future, but I feel that the world could use more great little games like Stick of Truth.

2 Likes

Delroy making @Cerysnetics no longer the sole proprietor of characteristically amusing but deeply interesting questions.

1 Like

I would be so insanely jealous, and frankly annoyed at @anon98342452 for muscling in on my patch, but its such a wonderful question and just entertainingly written that I feel nothing but joy :smiley:

OK a little annoyed I didn’t think of it :smiley:

2 Likes

It is now monday.

I talked with Sik, it should be up within 24 hours. Episodes with guests can take a bit more time sometimes, sorry fo the delay but it’ll be worth it!

6 Likes

Incredibly disappointed and I demand to speak to a manager!

Nah, it’ll be worth it I’m sure. :slight_smile:

1 Like

So what’s the amaze news for Monday?

“higher” “frequency” only thing that reads as is potentially upping the gpu clock maybe but man I have no idea. more frequent insider updates? they’re already constant, higher resolution UI? that wouldn’t be a frequency thing. I have no idea other than to leave my expectations very low as to not be disappointed.

2 Likes

Colt seemed to imply a new feature, as Quick Resume was, but we won’t have long to wait now.

1 Like

Man, I just want control over the QR queue.

4 Likes

Oh, exiting Xbox news on Monday?

Brad Rossetti of the Insider UI team teased an announcement on Friday that got delayed to Monday. No idea what it is other than he shared .gifs that were “higher” and “frequency”, so we’ll see tomorrow but honestly I have no clue what it’ll be. Always best to temper expectations.