XboxEra Community Hangout |OT9| Waiting for Developer_E3

Yeah definitely odd. Though we always figured SE was just getting rid of them at a bargain because they weren’t particularly profitable, and Embracer has since taken time to build up projects with Amazon like the publishing deal, TV shows and movies that could be huge for the series. I guess it just paid off for them pretty quickly (again, assuming this is real).

3 Likes

Game Rant should be called Xbox Rant since that’s all the seemingly know how fucking do. What a shitty ass site. SMH.

Yes it does. Game looks great. I’m super hyped. One more week to go!!!

I have kinda followed The Day Before for over a year. Shame that it’s most likely not a real actual game because Division 2 + zombies + vehicles = win for me. lol

Well, there goes Microsoft getting Crystal Dynamics since they wouldn’t be able to acquire the Tomb Raider IP. When Microsoft was working out that deal for Crystal to work on Perfect Dark, they should have overpaid Square Enix to get CD, Eidos and a bunch of IP’s. SMH. UGH.

5 Likes
  • Plays japanese games with english dub, western games with japanese dub
  • Also plays AOE only on Xbox consoles.
  • Multiplatform of choice is Switch.

9 Likes

It’s a rumour from a lord of the rings fan site, I wouldn’t hold any truth in it until we hear more.

Also the rumour is they are buying the Tomb Raider IP not the Crystal Dynamics and Eidos studios. Xbox may want Crystal to work on PD or other IP’s.

Ever heard of a (TV) repair service just not turning up at all even though you’ve made an appointment? Yeah me neither until today.

So yeah, the repair service seriously did not turn up today, like at all. Not even an email to say they couldn’t make it or anything either. I called them, a automatic voice said the waitjng time was 23 minutes, doable I thought. In total I’ve waited 1,5 hours on the phone and I didn’t get to talk to anyone in the end.

This is what Samsung works together with, a company like this. I’ve been cured, never ever Samsung for me again. I seriously hope the store is gonna help me out big time because…just wow. I’m ****ing pissed off now.

3 Likes

30 posts were merged into an existing topic: Halo |OT2| Forging Ahead

Every passing day I grow more and more curious to find out what the MachineGames developed Indiana Jones game looks like.

To know we likely won’t find out for another couple of years is pain.

The site got a bunch of plot points right from the LOTR Amazon show and with Amazon publishing the next Tomb Raider game, im expecting this to be true and just needs to be officially announced. Plus, you can Embracer was never going to fully invest the $150M+ budget required for Crystal and most likely Eidos. I’m expecting both to be flipped for a profit from Embracer.

Finally dated on Xbox, March 8th.

8 Likes

I can’t find anything to confirm that? I did see they ‘leaked’ some cryptic rumours about the show which could have been interpreted multiple ways.

Also the original source has now updated their ‘rumour’ to say they have ‘leased’ the rights to Amazon not sold.

IF true, it’s likely 600M Krona which is around 57M USD.

There’s some 360 delistings coming soon including Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey. Some of these are already delisted, at least here on the NA marketplace such as Dark Souls (was delisted when Remastered came out)

Edit: Apparently this means they are actually leaving specifically the 360 marketplace, will still be available on the MS Store for Xbox One/Series.

13 Likes

I will care about Halo again once they come with a new story, singleplayer/co-op, I just don’t care that much for MP.

Sometime next gen I guess it is then.

5 Likes

However, it’s worth noting that a handful of these games, though BC, are only available for purchase on the old 360 store. The Left 4 Dead series and Daytona USA for example. So while most of these titles will still be available on the new version of the store, some of them may be going away entirely.

Hardware can be impressive, but will it sell as great they’re hoping? Only way to find out.

4 Likes

But what a mess with Halo man, whatever these reasons are, whoever that is guilty, responsible…at the end of the day Halo deserves so much more. Phil a while ago said when we lose our way with Halo we lose our way with Xbox…

That’s why I’m damn glad that Xbox now has many new studios and games in development so that it doesn’t have to rely so much on Halo alone anymore. I just hope this never happens again and that things go smoothly for all these projects. Xbox needs it, we need it.

1 Like

If it’s leased, then would that even include the TR IP for gaming? Maybe it’s just for movies/shows?

As for confirming anything, it’s what I read from the GamingBolt article -

1 Like

I really want MS/Xbox to get Tomb Raider though. At least it not Sony i guess.

7 Likes

good, too much coming. delay more

3 Likes

So how do we start? You (not you poster) cry for development hell or you sigh of everything is for the best?