XboxEra Community Hangout |OT8| Waiting for E3 2023

So, my Samsung LCD tv that has served me well for the last 10 years is finally on it’s last legs and since it’s the tv my wife uses every day, I now need to buy a new one. I thought this would be a good chance to finally replace my cheap 50"Vizio that I’ve been using the last few years (It’s a surprisingly good tv), but the more research I do, the more I’m experiencing choice paralysis.

My obvious first choice was to just get an LG C1, but I’m very worried about stuttering when watching movies. I cannot watch tv or film with motion interpolation turned on as it completely ruins the experience for me. But stuttering will distract me and it’s all I will focus on, so I’m naturally hesitant. After doing hours of research I’ve learned that if you want to watch movies without noticeable stutter, you’re going to have to get a tv that probably has mediocre picture/color quality. So, yeah, that sucks.

I’ve been looking at lesser led tv’s that have decent response times that won’t have outrageous stuttering, but they all have significant drawbacks of their own (like ghosting or black smearing), so I’m kind of at my wits end here. I really want to get a nice tv that has great picture quality, especially for HDR content.

So, for those of you with an LG C1 or any OLED in general, how bad is the stuttering? I’m probably going to go up to a retail store and have a look for myself tonight or in the next few days, but I’d love to get some opinions on any TV’s you guys are currently using. Help me Obi-Wan Kenobis! :smile:

You could try new Samsung TV (the one with xCloud)? Are they LED?

All the new Samsungs (OLED and QLED) have super fast response times that cause stuttering unfortunately.

for me its god of war, pentiment, grounded and plague tale(gamepass) Everything else i wait for sale or gamepass. outside of god of war I Usually buy all ps games at 20 or less. I need to get a new ps5 as well. my wife has taken over mine

My games I am going to play are

Saints Row Aug 23

SteelRising Sep 8

Darktide Sep 13

A Plague Tale Requiem Oct 18

Persona 5 Royal Oct 21

Scorn Oct 21

High on Life Oct 25

Gotham Knights Oct 25

The Callisto Protocol Dec 1

This is forsure the games I am getting I might end up getting up to 6-8 more haha

2 Likes

I know I’ve been slackin, so here is a new review!

8 Likes

In the Xbox app / Samsung ad, DualSense shown, a bit out of focus, next to an Xbox controller.

[GRAB YOUR FAVORITE CONTROLLER]

Hey man,

Through the years I’ve had plasma, lcd/led, QLED and OLED and I can’t say that going from LED to OLED was a jarring experience in terms of stuttering, not at all. And I hate things like motion plus, tru motion too. Because it always introduces artefacts in games especially and it just looks unnatural. My brother likes to use it for animation movies, but even then I leave it off.

In my opinion OLED is absolutely fine here, and once you go OLED…well…you don’t easily go back. I say you can’t go wrong with LG, but there are other options on the market too like Samsung and Sony. Be prepared to pay a thousand extra easily for Sony. Samsung TVs are getting the Game Hub first but I’m sure other brands will follow eventually too, if you care about that.

4 Likes

Yeah, the more I look the more I think I might just bite the bullet on the C1. I’ll probably spend more time gaming on it anyway and I’ve heard nothing but rave reviews for it with regards to gaming.

The main reason I’ve been so hesitant is that I’m pretty perceptive to frame rates and other video issues. I’ve been a cinephile my whole life and I work in this field, so I know what to look for and you tend to find what you’re looking for. :smile:

2 Likes

Communities really need to calm down and respect the devs :

6 Likes

Stein should’ve included something from the Halo fanbase on there :ps_salt:

6 Likes

6 Likes

Yeah, medias are getting worse and worse.

3 Likes

Everything is trending towards clicks and more toxicity.

5 Likes

Yell that to the Halo “fans” down at the back

6 Likes

NBA free agency starts in less than three hours my basketball junkies, and wow also this happened :eyes:

Miami reported as one of the front runners to get him. Jimmy buckets and KD, I’m all for it

6 Likes

Completely off topic but I like this

1 Like

I have no clue what you are talking about :joy: