XboxEra Community Hangout |OT8| Waiting for E3 2023

Supposedly it’s in regards to DS2.

Meh, then I sleep :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Hard to say really. The Xbox game was pitched to amazon before as a episodic horror follow up to death stranding, as fas as I understand. So could be playstations death stranding 2 or Xbox’s overdose

1 Like

Do we think it’s still the horror game that Kojima is making for Xbox? We know it uses the cloud and I believe Grubb said there wasn’t any info on a game yet.

7 Likes

Microsoft Gaming is doing a lot of interviews. Phil and Satya are everywhere.

3 Likes

Since October, many users have complained about the end of Xbox Digital Card and Gold Membership sales at konbini in Japan. This has made it difficult for those under 18 people who do not have a credit card to purchase games on Xbox. but, there has been no statement from Microsoft so far.

2 Likes

Are those even available in other countries? I see only Game Pass cards everywhere…

Wonder why they aren’t being sold any longer? Not enough sell through?

1 Like

Ended only konbini.
Gold & Digital Card will be still available at Amazon.
but, there are definitely many users in Japan who buy digital cards at konbini.

Sorry for my bad english.

3 Likes

It’s just combining the reports. The first was that xbox picked up the kojima cloud game from stadia (that report was almost a year ago, I think). Last week they reported that kojima pitched an episodic horror game for stadia which would have been a follow up to death stranding.

Also if the new “where am I” picture turns out to Sarah Margaret Qualley, it’s almost certainly the Xbox game if you take this reddit report seriously.

margaret-qualley-2022-noms-450x600

Look at the right ear, looks the same to me!

1 Like

The person has been confirmed and it’s not Sarah. Think it was Elle something?

No, that was the picture before “who am I”. This is the new tease.

https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/1578331496506888192?t=Xs8tbDj0XPPw-Jj5-AOlRw&s=19

1 Like

I am pretty sure that whatever Kojima is showing soon is not his Xbox game.

1 Like

I do wonder what Microsoft commenting on it would do?

So far in my opinion the only thing that I can see come from that is bad press, because either they are pushing game pass at the detriment of there other services(which mostly true). But a bad look for Xbox, pushing people towards game pass, because the digital cards not being purchase hurts sales.

Konbini choose not to sell them because they’re not as popular. Which I think Microsoft is more likely to talk with them in private about getting there products back on their site, than call them out in public. As that could sour business that Microsoft may want to do with them.

Or the rumor we all want to hear come true Microsoft is getting rid of Gold for MP, and bringing the gold benefits to game pass: better sales, 2 free monthly games. Which great, but it would draw some backlash because that’s the gold to game pass loop closing, but also makes no sense why the digital cards aren’t available.

Dude, your English is great. Don’t sweat a minor grammar error here or there. Thanks for the update.

They’re available here in Canada. Usually found right next to the Game Pass cards.

1 Like

I’m confused, is the Kojima project with Elle Fanning and Margaret Qualley the Xbox collaboration, or a different game? Or do we not know yet?

I think Kojima has two games in the works, one closer (likely not Xbox) and one further out (Xbox). But ultimately nobody knows anything. We’ll probably find out at TGAs, so not far.

1 Like

Death Stranding 2.