XboxEra Community Hangout |OT8| Waiting for E3 2023

Ooooooh, the DS remake. We’ll see. Depends on if I’m done with horror after CP, otherwise I’ll get that too.

And I actually thought CP was published by EA. Wake up Staffy, lmao.

1 Like

Highly doubt they can get Madden day one on gamepass

Nothing it’s impossible and Microsoft have the money to make it happen, time will tell.

Would make sense, but remains to be seen if it happens for real.

This is just probably for the 10 hour trial

2 Likes

This would be my guess. If you have GPU, then you’ll have access to the 10 hour trial.

Maybe its the 10 Hour Trials as included with EA Play?

Edit: same as @DARK-PARADISE already said.

1 Like

Didn’t know this existed. I never like how they focused so much of social stuff over something like quick resume.

1 Like

They also had another article that I was unaware of. I wonder if this is genuinely a “post-pandemic” effect or it’s caused by something else. They say it’s post-pandemic, but could it be gamers just getting tired with playing the same old things?

One of the key details from Sony’s quarterly financial report today [ snipped … snipped ] is that PS5 and PS4 owners are playing less than they were a year ago. The manufacturer noted that total gameplay time is down a sizeable 15 per cent year-over-year for the three month period ending 30th June, 2022.

The company blamed the deceleration of the overall industry as the reason for the slide, “as opportunities have increased for users to go outside due to a reduction in COVID-19 infections in key markets”. But, unsurprisingly, it’s something the firm aims to address: “We intend to take action to increase user engagement in the second half of the fiscal year, during which major titles including first-party software are scheduled to be released, primarily by increasing the supply of PS5 and promoting the new PS Plus service.”

5 Likes

Looking at that post regarding Sony response to ABK deal, it is hilarious. They are really salty but no sympathy for them with their exclusive deals regarding CoD and other games.

3 Likes

Sony admits COD is a genre of its own, massive revenue driver. They also say Game Pass holds 60-70% of the subscription market which is interesting.

17 Likes

Even if COD does not go exclusive, it is a massive win for Xbox to have the marketing rights back and for the game to be “free” on Game Pass. It will likely shift the market in the US at the very least.

17 Likes

Am reading that thread on Other-Era and that response from Sony…WOW! Sony is very afraid of losing COD, not only the exclusivity, but the marketing too, they are afraid.

…And that quote of game-pass, they know the juggernaut of COD + game-pass day one would be.

11 Likes

I still say it should be made exclusive but I say that as a person that admittedly has no idea how those things work. If MS really ends up keeping it Multi, then they have their reasons I’m sure.

But I’d like to see their service grow more and more, with more studios no longer skipping Xbox, because it’s just something they can’t afford to skip etc, etc.

2 Likes

60-70% of a market that could be argued to be in its ‘infancy’ phase somewhat. Nonetheless, it is an interesting point from Sony.

2 Likes

This is very interesting, it turns out the biggest Playstation doomer was Sony all along…

6 Likes

Xbox is already very strong in the US and has been since the 360

Even the xbox one despite getting trounced overall performed strongly in the US compared to internationally

Being able to play CoD for “free” and the marketing that comes with that will be tough to compete with going forward, especially when you have a cheap console like the Series S along with it

1 Like

So literally everyone (who answered the question or wasn’t redacted) told them that yes COD, Candy Crush and Warcraft all have multiple competitors and they don’t see an issue with competition, and the one company who was against it has exclusive marketing rights for one of those said games :face_with_monocle::face_with_monocle:.

don't believe it

15 Likes

IMO regardless of the revenue it produces, attempting to categorize COD as its own separate genre is an incredibly specious argument. To me accepting that statement as being valid means that you’ve been Jedi Mind Tricked.

12 Likes