XboxEra Community Hangout |OT8| Waiting for E3 2023

I do wonder what Microsoft commenting on it would do?

So far in my opinion the only thing that I can see come from that is bad press, because either they are pushing game pass at the detriment of there other services(which mostly true). But a bad look for Xbox, pushing people towards game pass, because the digital cards not being purchase hurts sales.

Konbini choose not to sell them because they’re not as popular. Which I think Microsoft is more likely to talk with them in private about getting there products back on their site, than call them out in public. As that could sour business that Microsoft may want to do with them.

Or the rumor we all want to hear come true Microsoft is getting rid of Gold for MP, and bringing the gold benefits to game pass: better sales, 2 free monthly games. Which great, but it would draw some backlash because that’s the gold to game pass loop closing, but also makes no sense why the digital cards aren’t available.

Dude, your English is great. Don’t sweat a minor grammar error here or there. Thanks for the update.

They’re available here in Canada. Usually found right next to the Game Pass cards.

1 Like

I’m confused, is the Kojima project with Elle Fanning and Margaret Qualley the Xbox collaboration, or a different game? Or do we not know yet?

I think Kojima has two games in the works, one closer (likely not Xbox) and one further out (Xbox). But ultimately nobody knows anything. We’ll probably find out at TGAs, so not far.

1 Like

Death Stranding 2.

We’re doing another Xbox Era fundraiser this year for Extra Life. Trying to think of some fun milestone goals/incentives, if you guys have any suggestions please drop 'em in that thread.

4 Likes

It might be Death Stranding 2 this time. It has strands in the picture.

Yeah im pretty sure it’s Death Stranding related

It’s definitely not the xbox project

PS will get the real game and we’ll get some experimental mobile game experience.

1 Like

That would be a worst case scenario for damn sure.

I’m hoping it’s that horror game he was making for Stadia or something else.

I know it was a big deal for Xbox itself to have Kojima announce a partnership with them last E3, but we have nothing to work with. Just…something something cloud. Smal, medium or big sized? Who can tell. That’s why I can’t be hyped at all for it until we find out.

Same as Everwild, why get hyped about something we know so little about. What we saw in the trailers, is that all scrapped or is it still there, what even is it? Thankfully we CAN be hyped about Starfield, about Redfall, about Avowed. Whenever it is that we finally see it, that is.

1 Like

If the “real game” of the Ps is a Death Stranding 2, I particularly prefer the “experimental mobile game”. I really hope Kojima’s XBOX game isn’t like a DS.

1 Like

We will get 6 hour long game with 4 hour long cutscenes :fire:

Kojima doesn’t really do small, maybe that will change but he likes his big grand spectacles

Big or small though, whatever he does it will be something unique and that’s what’s important, industry needs this stuff instead of pumping out the same generic AAA crap constantly

Whatever it is it will likely be nothing like DS, every game he makes is incredibly different from each other

1 Like

Since we’re discussing about DS, will IGN do a similar video on walking simulators?

1 Like

Accordingly. But delivering games that demand absurdly high resources, that take years to develop and have more cutscenes than gameplay doesn’t help the industry either, and it’s no different from “AAA generics”. Games like Death Stranding are what the industry needs the least, especially for XCLOUD.

I would be very disappointed if the big E3 announcement would turn out to be a small Indie budget game. I hope he does something triple a. Also what engine would he use for the Xbox game? Would he be allowed to use decima for other projects?

ya thats where im at as well. this is going to be some short cloud based experiment and ps will get the AAA kojima game. I dont care either way as I didn’t like DS or MGS5 but I think xbox fans getting pumped for kojima is silly. hes overrated

1 Like

I don’t really care either way personally, not a fan hehe.

Speculation with sadness to themselves? It’s definitely the weekend alright.

2 Likes