XboxEra Community Hangout |OT8| Waiting for E3 2023

Oh, OK I see. Yeah there have always been tons of fighting in those games. In that regard I don’t think GK will be much different. But I do wonder what ARPG stuff they got in there.

IGN First has a new video tomorrow.

Ah yes, now I see. I wonder if there will be conversations and choices too, probably not.

Don’t think so. They never mentioned anything like that.

I think that Gotham Knights may be for me a Bat fam version of The Division.

1 Like

The Division looked great visually though

Everything is an RPG now :thinking:

Got to be the actual legitimately craziest string of tweets from a Halo fan. Just wanted to share because I’m pulling my hair out seeing that no one else is scorning this in the comments. Like I’m legitimately worried for this users mental health. She’s a usual suspect on the 343 hate train, but this turned it up to 11.

4 Likes

Agreed. With Ubisoft delaying Avatar to whenever, I don’t have a Ubisoft game im interested in playing for a while so if it takes longer for Ubisoft+ to be on Xbox, so be it. At least now, I don’t have to be like, should I buy Avatar or wait for Ubisoft+. Now, I can just wait.

Someone is a big fan.

6 Likes

I gotta say that in the new footage GK looks rather good too.

WB when it comes to DC is a shitshow

I’m hearing lots of WB move is giving great concerns for their products like cutting budgets and such. Scary…

Staten is a treasure, this man understands and knows very well what is Halo. Thank god he is in 343…crafting in Halo? as he says in the video how does that even make sense? :confused_wat:

I remember a pre-release interview he gave and said that he wants to make Halo innovative again, can’t wait to see what’s next for Infinite. :gimme:

2 Likes

WB (and DC) is a mess. Discovery will finish it off.

@WAHderfulGoldenStar

dumb-and-dumber-lloyd

6 Likes

I mean yeh, they were prototyping Halo and Staten as the director… directed. Can’t innovate without experimentation. But yes, I’m excited to see what’s next too.

Yeah I know what a director does, he clearly made the right call and that was what I was commenting on.

Also you don’t innovate by copying what every other open world game does, as he said they should focus and innovate on what makes the series great (enemy AI, combat scenarios, level design e.t.c.)…so yeah thank god he was directing because he clearly understands what makes Halo well…Halo.

1 Like

Just because lots of other games have crafting doesn’t mean Halo automatically shouldn’t

Every other game nowadays is open world, by that logic they shouldn’t have done that either

Not that I’m saying crafting would have been the right decision, just that innovation often comes from trying things not seen in a franchise before, you don’t innovate by doing the same things over and over again

Part of the problem with some classic Halo fans, they constantly ask for new things and then shit on anything that isn’t purely Halo 1-3

6 Likes

Open world is something that Halo has always strived to do but could not do originally.

Crafting on the other hand…Imagine Master Chief crafting leather belts to increase weapon capacity or making soup (with the achievement Master Chef) :grimacing:

Master Chief is the guy who sleeps only when put into a cryochamber :joy:

1 Like

Biggish/Open levels =/= open world, it’s still new to the series regardless of their original intent

But anyway, that wasn’t really my point, gotta try new shit, if classic Halo fans had their way we’d still be moving slow as molasses and no grapple hook because “ThAt iSnT HaLo”

1 Like

To be fair the current multiplayer season is built around the concept of lone wolf characters who have had to scavange their armour together on prolonged missions. They’ve got things strapped on with wire and pipes coming out of places, pieces of Elite armour and skulls won in combat as shoulder pieces. It’s pretty god damm cool, certainly wouldn’t fit Chief but I bet they could do something really cool with crafting if they ever went down that route with a new character.