XboxEra Community Hangout |OT7| Define "AAAA"

I’m guessing it’s more to cover their asses and I doubt it will change in practice with the “new” service anyway.

"Jim Ryan says that doing such a thing would result in less investment into its studios, and could lead to lower quality games. "

He sounds like a bitter PS fanboy on twitter which is quite sad considering his position.

Someone send him the Metacritic (which Sony loves so much apparently) tweet about Xbox having a great portfolio of games last year, he seems quite uninformed on the subject he tries to comment.

15 Likes

2 Likes

Figured, but still, they’ll eventually do it. They will cave in when the market demands it. But ugh, I want it to be quicker. I’m very very likely never getting a PS5 unless they do.

2 Likes

It’s a bit annoying they didn’t detail any upgrade paths for current subscribers. It’s going to be very messy with two existing subs. Also, unless I missed it, they didn’t mention what consoles the new classic downloadable titles would be available for.

1 Like

Post here

1 Like

Everyone was waiting for Sony to announce their answer to Gamepass just for Jim Ryan to give an interview about how bad the things making Gamepass great actually are. Absolutely hilarious.

9 Likes

Honestly ps plus extra if you are a ps only gamer mite not be be a bad deal. Im glad they left the basic alone.

Now that third tier locking old ps1 2 and 3 games behind a payway like that is bs unless you can buy them separately

1 Like

Same tbh. Can’t justify a PS5 at the moment. I’m quite frankly not paying 80 euros for first party exclusives, and most Japanese game come to PC at the very least, so there is less incentive from that perspective too. Maybe I will pick one up second hand at the end of this gen.

1 Like

About what i was expecting which was very little

The only appealing thing for me is the retro ps1/2/psp stuff but its more expensive than GP and I can already play the games I already own through emulation on my XB1/Series X

1 Like

But they did told that PS Now subscribers will be updated to Premium no?

and you have to pay for demos on the third tier? very lame

I think we really need to temper expectations when Sony got something to announce. I feel insiders always amplify whatever they’re going to announce and there’s always some type of panic that Microsoft has to counter. So far I can’t think of a time when Microsoft had to counter something Sony is expected announce

4 Likes

Sony won’t be able to make quality games

People were right, Sony can’t compete against Microsoft backed Gamepass

Like GT7? :joy:

4 Likes

He is accepting defeat… Anyways, they gonna make great games regardless. So gamers don’t lose much. They will just have to pay

1 Like

The only surprising thing I guess is that they will put PS5 games on it as well, not just PS4. So that means multiplatform PS5 titles?

Did they? I must have missed it, but I’m more wondering about upgrading from the base (which I assume PS+ members will be converted to) to higher tiers.

Time to stream more GhostWire: Tokyo on PC (full ray-tracing on too)

5 Likes

Why PS+ users should be upgraded if the basic tier did not change?