XboxEra Community Hangout |OT7| Define "AAAA"

Ah good I look forward to becoming a qualified armchair finance expert, makes a nice change from my time as armchair acquisitions strategist.

1 Like

Well, we may get something about acquisition update on Activision Blizzard and see if there’s any raise of concern or still feel confident that they will win. Monday may be quiet, but Tuesday, well, it should be fun.

1 Like

I am usually not someone who really puts much stock into employees doing anything, but the Xbox Social Media manager just retweeted the Indiana Jones announcement.

Wonder how much speculation arises out of that.

2 Likes

Hahahaha. Glad it’s better for you. I used the Series X controller for four months and I was like, fuck this shit. Bought an Xbox One controller. A few actually and haven’t looked back. Only reason I still own the Series X controller is for when the time comes to trade in the console, I won’t lose any credit/value.

2 Likes

He can take Twitter private and have access to the entire world’s messages on Twitter including DMs to data mine and potentially even use for blackmail as he’s the richest person on earth and can easily fend off any lawsuits. This is a seriously big risk.

Series X controller is smaller, the texture grips are horrible and I prefer the directional pad on Xbox One over Series X. I owned PS/PS2 for years. Not a single issue. Plus, compare PS/PS2 controllers to the original Xbox Duke and Nintendo 64/Dreamcast/Gamecube controllers and PS/PS2 were easily superior. PS/PS2 controllers were basically SNES controllers with L2/R2 buttons.

I had no issues with the PS3 controller but it was my secondary console and I only played 7 games on it compared to around 50 on Xbox 360.

5 Likes

To each their own but I wouldn’t have spent $80 on an Xbox One controller if I liked the Series X controller. Using Xbox One controller is awesome. And since I don’t care about posting clips and all this other shit, not having a share button means nothing to me.

As for PS3 controller, 7 games. Uncharted 1-3, TLOU, Dead Nation, AC 4 Black Flag and GTA 5. No issues with the controller. Issues with the games? Definitely.

It’s smaller by only a bit, 2.3mm in height to be exact but it weighs 8g more. The rest of your issues are personal preference so I can’t or care to speak to that. But how do you dislike the textured grips? :man_shrugging:t5:

The texture grips is so uncomfortable for me. I want the controller to be “smooth”. I don’t want textures, groves, grips or any other crap. I want it to be smooth. Feels better and is much more comfortable. I would play Xbox Series X games using the Series X controller and could never play more than a few hours because my hands get cramped. Yesterday alone, I played AC Odyssey for 14 hours almost straight with the Xbox One controller and not a single issue.

Series X controller weighs more but doesn’t feel better for me when playing games. Xbox One controller just feels so much better for me when playing games and best of all, no hand cramps which means I can play games longer.

Just beat Subnautica below Zero. Took about 23 hours. Game was fantastic from start to end and really sets up part 3.dont pass up these 2 games. below zero is more story focused than the first one. 9/10

1 Like

With the new legislation happening in the EU for social media platforms I can’t see why Elon is interested in Twitter. Between the limits being imposed and the platform constantly losing money, I’m struggling to see the upside for his businesses

Don’t know what will happen with EU but I’m fairly certain republicans advocating for stricter M&A and laws against big tech are going to fight tooth and nails for Elon to get this deal done.

Besides the textured grips (and improved LB/RB) I also can’t understand how anyone would prefer the One d-pad over the Series d-pad…oh well opinions and all I guess. Also PS3 controller…those “triggers”. :phil_unsure:

To be honest I often have the complete opposite opinions on things with peter420 so I am not too surprised we also disagree on this topic. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Does that rule out Starfield? I mean it’s an announced IP by now, but it’s still new, the first game isn’t out yet. I don’t think ZOS next game is Starfield related though, too early.

Yes

Officially it hasn’t been announced yet, we learned it was a new IP via a job posting, correct?

Two hours!!

Until what? What happens in two hours?

A director or designer from the studio, I think, said as much on Twitter. Both a new IP and a new engine.