XboxEra Community Hangout |OT6| New Year, Same Three Topics

Yeah, EA would honestly cost almost as much as Activision. Plus, you have to factor in the NFL, F1, and soccer leagues forcing fifa, F1, and madden to be multiplat. While they have qualty studios doesn’t seem like smart money to put $50billion+ on EA. Also don’t think they’ll be able to get somebody like Capcom because no way they’ll want to lose out on monster hunter sales on Nintendo

1 Like

overjoyed to buy a new ps console for 1499$ and games that gonna cost 120$

You know what ? if that happen am gonna be happy for them :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Gotta pay for the premium experience

$120 is art

1 Like

People forget that Sony has huge long-term debts that they need to pay and any acquisition of up to $10 billion would put them at risk.

Sony could not win Leyou bidding war against Tencent , which only cost 1.5 billion , How do people think Sony is willing to pay huge sums of money ?

1 Like

7 days left to post your GOTY lists. I know I’m annoying at this point, but we’ve only got like half the amount of lists we had last year. Guess nobody played any games in 2021 :smiley:

2 Likes

They’ll start saying Apple Sony will kill Microsoft Xbox like iPhone did to Windows Phone :skull:

Bethesda was just a stunning blow, ABK was the knock out punch to these people

I mentioned a few times that I do expect them to rally and acquire someone big, like WB. I expect that they will also be consolidating internally and selling off different portions of their portfolio.

They could really make a massive move if they sold off Sony Financial Holdings, which could probably bring them anywhere from 50-75 billion.

I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see them sell off Sony Biotechnology Inc for instance. It doesn’t really fit their portfolio.

I assume we are at the point that they will support anyone that will kill Microsoft. Good luck with that?

That’s a throwback. Remember playing it back on a 486 in the 90s

6 Likes

Wow I played this very SNES version back in the day when I still played platformers.

2 Likes

StarCraft FPS is something that makes so much sense I can believe it hasn’t been done yet.

With IW, Treyarch, Raven, 343, id and Machine Games all under one structure, it’s hard no to imagine a StarCraft FPS.

1 Like

I suspect you won’t hear much about antitrust that would be for sure

I suspect that’s all you’d hear talked about in the media.

It would create or expand monopolies in like 5 markets.

Give StarCraft the Warhammer 40K treatment. RTS, TPS, FPS, SP, MP, Co-op, all of it.

The TPS by Coalition :gimme:

1 Like

I am on about OtherEra.

StarCraft: Ghosts needs to see the light of day.

1 Like

much like us Gaz and Fonz called out the media for being hypocritical this week

Starcraft Ghost as a stealth game, Splinter Cell being the influence.

3 Likes