XboxEra Community Hangout |OT5| Season of the Infinite.. Arguments

This is obviously the Xbox project he’s citing

5 Likes

It’s manual saves, however, there is a checkpoint system where if you die on a boss, you restart at the boss, you won’t lose progress unless you quit the game. And if you go to phase two of a boss fight and die, you restart right at phase two.

Working on one embargoed thing, also starting up Guardians of the Galaxy for a LTTP review. Between Halo, Forza, and now this… my poor average score keeps creeping up. Someone find me a stinker or 10 to bring it back down :doge:

Let’s hope for Godfall on Xbox then.

2 Likes

Dean Winchester Reaction GIF

2 Likes

When was the last time you tried eFootball?

You know, I almost try when Microsoft Rewards was offering points to play the game. That was some Dark Souls difficulty reward.

How is this legal? Those are copyrighted characters from Sega.

Real Estate Meme GIF by hero0fwar

2 Likes

Yeah the environments and art design are just brilliant, even Oblivion’s environments are pretty to look 15/16 years later and the music, the music is just so perfect in these games, its the faces that age badly,

But personally the biggest issues Skyrim suffers from is the combat and dungeon/loot design

Even in 2011 Skyrim’s combat was booty, only way I can have fun with it is playing with stealth and bows/daggers, going forward they need a massive upgrade with parrying, dodging and hits actually having weight, it really stops Skyrims combat from feeling satisfying

As for the dungeons/loot, so many dungeons just feel samey and constantly getting the same kind of loot in every location sucks, dont give me iron daggers/swords in every damn dungeon

1 Like

This 100%.

Hitting enemies with a sword feels like hitting a tree or wall, well not even that because it would still bounce back. There are several games out there like Dying Light where it feels great when you hit enemies with swords or sticks or what have you, hopefully BGS has made some huge changes to this starting with Starfield. Assuming we have hand to hand combat too.

It seems a collaboration, I doubt SEGA would give a free pass to an unlicensed thing.

1 Like

Yeah this is pretty much common in mobile market.

1 Like

Ah, that would make sense then.

At the same time it wouldn’t have surprised me if some people have the gall to just use art from a copyrighted game and expect to get away with it. I don’t think Google would care much, considering the kind of apps they allow like free movies and shows.

1 Like

That happens every now and then too. A couple years ago on the Smite Reddit someone found some Fireworks with the package using art from the game.

They replaced the star on his chest with their logo. T_Ra2_Ra-Merica_Card

problem with TES and similar kind of first person melee games is first person melee combat will rarely be as good as it can be in third person, but to service the hybrid camera, the TES games seem to have to heavily castrate the combat to accommodate for that. Shooters don’t have this problem. All the further depth then comes from the spells and shit that basically involve range.

It’s an official crossover, actually. A weird one, I know, but definitely legal.

This is one hope I wouldn’t wish on even my greatest enemy. lol

Watched Indiana Jones 1 and 2 yesterday and 3 today. These movies are timeless. 4 I will watch in a few minutes but I didn’t like it much in 2008, probably won’t now either. And I have zero expectations for the new one, I just can’t see it being great, just can’t.

1 Like

The thing is that Shia LaBeouf failed to replace Harrison Ford, we’ll see with the next installment. Anyway the old movies are incredible action set pieces, the whole Tomb Raider/Uncharted crate directly copies them.

2 Likes