XboxEra Community Hangout |OT5| Season of the Infinite.. Arguments

He’s a salesperson, he has to keep to balance until their commitments with Sony are gone for good. If he will persist with this refrain even after that, than I’d see it as an issue, you never see this kind of behaviour from other platforms management and even from Xbox people.

I guess so, it just annoys me that it continues after the purchase has gone through.

Let’s hope Ghostwire is the LAST Bethesda game on PS, even counting minor things like old ports/collections, otherwise he’ll keep being ambiguous, lol.

Speaking of Ghoswire, wasn’t it a spring game? I find it difficult to believe, considering it was not shown at TGA.

That we even have to hope is so weird. Imagine Sony had bought Bethesda… Would there even be a discussion about anything going outside the PS ecosystem?

1 Like

Going to play this new fangled “Halo Infinite” campaign for the… third time?

1 Like

That’s the issue I was talking about here:

I feel todays Xbox team needs some of that ruthlessness, Peter Moore would have exploited a Zenimax acquisition with a no prisoners approach, lol.

2 Likes

Yeah, I agree. I don’t get it either.

1 Like

I feel Phil and Xbox leadership are still deeply haunted by 2013, so they don’t want to appear the bad guy at any cost.

Maybe, but 2013 was not about being the bad guy. It was about being the stupid guy who jumps off a cliff…

Since the competition does not give af about being nice, and probably just laugh at the meekness, I can’t see the upside.

1 Like

Phil doesn’t care for the console war rhetoric but business is business and “being nice” is not apart of it no matter what phrasing Pete Hines uses lol.

1 Like

I agree with you, some of their decisions are mind-boggling, expecially when they damage Xbox in the short-term for image-sake.

I would agree with you if all the acquisition phase was not covered by ambiguous wording by all Xbox/Bethesda team, which is a direct consequence of trying to avoid bad pr at any cost, so it’s letting Xbox games first on PS: MS literally burned the Bungie contract with Apple, these days with the same modus operandi, Halo:CE would have been a Mac timed exclusive, lol.

1 Like

I get you, but PR talk is one thing, however the biggest game Bethesda has ever made (Starfield) is still exclusive to MS platforms.

I mean, it’s the bare minimum, no? God forbid MS allowing a PS port, it would have been a catastrophic thing for the whole brand, it would have showed weakness most of all things. Another thing is letting two of their other AAA games being exclusive for 1 whole year, while they could have forced at least a multiplatform release.

I would have loved to see the Xbox logo in that Zenimax advertisement on the TGA’s to like really hammer it down that they are one and the same.

2 Likes

I think they are waiting for Ghostwire release and the consquent Redfall and Starfield to hammer it down, al least I suppose/hope so. XD

Until they have this last freaking Sony commitment, Bethesda will continue to be ambiguous. Anwyay, time will tell if this is the right call, many people, expecially outside anglosphere where Xbox is weak, still think as Bethesda as multiplatform and MS lack of propaganda is not helping, the concept is really far from being assimilated, expecially outside hardcore gamers. I don’t want to see again next E3 a crowd of rabid PS fanboys regurgitating poison for Starfield not on PS5.

2 Likes

I think Microsoft’s gaming endgame is to make Xbox like Office; everywhere, including PlayStation and Nintendo. That could require them to appear nice and friendly and anti console war.

Remember when MLB launched exclusivly only on Xbox subscribtion service and not on Sonys? Very nice, very friendly.

It will take time for the two companies to merge. There hasn’t even been an exclusive Xbox game yet.

1 Like

They have been part of xbox since March and already have 2 exclusive xbox games announced and Phil said TES6 is xbox only. Dont buy it.

That’s never happening, so it’s equally useless being nice with PS, while Sony damages Xbox directly everytime they can.

That was a great coup, but it didn’t imply “taking away” something from PS and appear “bad”, so they had no restraints.