XboxEra Community Hangout |OT4| Meat Circus

well, it’s gonna be same exact trajectory as Insomniac lol. Sony wouldn’t have grabbed em up so quickly after/during Spidey 2018 if that game wasn’t a massive success. They immediately knew they cannot lose their golden goose. Of course, it helped that they had decades long relationship. I think in this case, there has to be a Right of First Refusal clause built into the relationship, something MS hadn’t done with Double Helix.

2 Likes

Yeah, maybe. Sony did try to acquire Insomniac back during the PS3 generation and Insomniac turned them down. I think Sony was always going to acquire Insomniac in my opinion. Insomniac simply did their best games under Sony and worked with them for two decades or so. It was always a question of “when” as opposed to “if”.

It’s like Microsoft with Playground Games. It was always just a matter of time.

1 Like

Looks like it, Youngblood turned out mediocre but Deathloop looks amazing so let’s hope Redfall continues the sucess stories for Arkane. Even if it is a looter shooter I’d like to see Arkane’s spin on this genre, I am not a fan of the genre but I’ll definitely check it out when it comes out.

That being said now that Bethesda is under MS’s wings I hope all these “suggestions” will be a thing of the past and the studios hopefully will do what they want (all the signs point to this thankfully). Let those very talented teams create the games of their dreams, Game Pass can be the safety net for their creativity and ambition.

2 Likes
5 Likes

So was a financial success which is all that matters lol.

I gotta be one of the few souls on earth that liked Youngblood and the twins. For a $30 spinoff/sequel game it was exactly what I expected it to be.

A vidoc about PREY

This one is awesome. One of my favourites games. Really hope there is a sequel.

3 Likes

true but hope this kinda shit is handled better this gen and forward. Not really a great thing that live service games launch bad and get better years later. :sweat_smile:

Insane lol, gotta be a surreal moment for Jeff.

1 Like

bruhhhhhhhhhhh

Hey could be worse

Playstation players are on day 259

3 Likes

Thanks for that! Prey is one of my favorite games ever, what a masterpiece. Mooncrash is amazing too btw!

2 Likes

No No No GIF

2 Likes

But let it also be their last and keep online games for ZOS. They are good at it. :slight_smile:

Oh shit, a brand new doc by Noclip of Prey? That’s very unusual timing, the Fallout 76 and BGS ones were before the game came out. Noclip is awesome. Saving for later.

4 Likes

how the mighty have fallen :fist: :pensive:

2 Likes

Grubb tanked EA stock by leaking the delay. lol

/s

Mooncrash is that good? I do have it but barely played it. It wasn’t a real expansion which I SO was hoping it was.

Who independent developers are out there that you think can do it justice? Insomniac is one of the best developers in the industry and were a perfect fit for spiderman.

It isn’t enough to just have a super hero game, you nerd a super hero game that is of Insomniac quality.

Yeah this shit is heavily depressing, heavily!

I get that it takes years to make such a humongous game as RDR2, but it’s truly the one brand new game they made for last gen.

Had GTAO not been this insane, ridiculous succes then sure, they wouldn’t have made as much money and maybe GTA 6 would have been a tiny bit less ambitious and budget, but we’d for sure been playing it now. I also sometimes wonder if it’s true about Bully 2, did it get canned in the middle of development because it just was no good or was there something else to it?

Also I just don’t get it, isn’t this extremely boring for the developers? Updates here and there for GTAO and GTA 6 sometime when we’re all old and grey? Or will the development of GTA 6 truly have been 7 years? That’s assuming development started on it after RDR2. Very much doubt that.

1 Like

Alright, there you go!

1 Like