XboxEra Community Hangout |OT3| Setting Low Expectations

I personally prefer speedruns with bugs rather than pure bugless speedruns

I like a mix of the two, less entertaining to me where they entirely clip through levels opposed to doing incredible grenade or rocket jumps like on Halo Library level.

I saw speed run of Deathā€™s Door where itā€™s done in 86 minutes, by skipping entire sections, instead they clip through locked doors into the Avarice spots to get the needed Spells then kill the Bosses. Soe of the speed is quiting to the title screen then loading in from the areas door because itā€™s faster than navigating to the next spot.

Iā€™ll do that .

Years ago there was this player from Japan playing Ninja Gaiden 2 and the way he traversed through the levels was something special, thatā€™s a kind of speedrun that is probably more up my alley.

Then you will not like Controlā€™s speed runā€¦

Most runners use glitches because it can save ridiculous amounts of time. Depending on the game, it can literally save hours. There are numerous categories for speedruns though. Search for ā€œGlitchlessā€ if you donā€™t like seeing glitches being utilized.

If no games had glitches these speedrunners would be effed. :wink:

But for Dying Light to still have some of these glitchesā€¦did the devs leave them in intentionally?

They would just focus on shorter games. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

To answer your original question, I think some people enjoy seeing how a game can be broken/manipulated. I actually enjoy seeing some of the batshit crazy things people figure out in their attempt to save any bit of time they can.

Hmmm, yeah I can see why that could be interesting. I have to admit that Iā€™ve always wondered how people discover some of these glitches, there truly are some crazy ones.

Speaking of Dying Light, I was going to take a break after completing the game, but nah. Iā€™ve started The Following already. Iā€™m 100% in the zombie mood, when not gaming Iā€™m watching zombie shows and movies, haha.

What would you like to see me stream the most? | StrawPoll.com

Link to a poll here to gauge interest on what you guys would like to see me stream outside of Halo MCC/5

2 Likes

Outcast Second Contact without a guide.

Officially done with deadspace as I just finished the 3rd title

1 Like

*I only listed things I own :phil_lmao: Anything not on the list is subject to being in either game pass or my 450 game big library on Xbox.

1 Like

Been playing ā€œcurse of the dead godsā€ after it came up in gamepasz. Going to be buying it tonight. Fantastic roguelite that expands in a more broad manner than hades but keeps story simple and gameplay easy to read and fun.

1 Like

I loved it back in March! Happy to see it on Game Pass, itā€™s a really fun game.

3 Likes

I see, it was a GWG a while ago so I thought youā€™d have it. Itā€™s an old classic I used to play on pc but remastered. Still janky but would be fun as heck to watch.

ah, I may have it then! I am not sure Iā€™d ever heard of it before.

To be fair, it was an obscure pull but I think of it fondly. It was one of the first ā€œopen worldā€ games in the way we know of them now. It was amazing back in 1999. Who knows, you might get a kick out of it. Itā€™s rough though!

Not in the poll but have you tried split gate? I recently started playing it and itā€™s pretty fun. Itā€™s Halo with portals.

Sounds like quality mode will have a lot of things, that is likely going to run at 30fps though and after DL in 60fps I canā€™t go back to 30fps.

I do hope performance mode is like 1440p or something, maybe higher. I doubt itā€™s only going to be 1080p, sure hope not.

1 Like

im ok with 1080 on series s as long as the game holds 60. I expect it to be 1440 or higher on series x,. I would prefer 1440 with enhanced visuals

1 Like