XboxEra Community Hangout |OT3| Setting Low Expectations

What the cinnamon toast fuck is this?

EDIT: Nevermind, should have read the bottom first

I actually thought at first some fake insider went through the trouble to make this big flow chart of what will happen in order at the E3 show, then a got the 2nd row and realized, nope not that

1 Like

Watching the Jeff Grubb video now…

He’s at a loss why Elden Ring won’t be at Xbox show. Doesn’t have anything to do with Game Pass. Something must have gone weird but doesn’t want to speculate.

MS was going to pay them to have the game in their show, Geoff isn’t. This is why he doesn’t get it. What overrides that?

He answers questions about games…

Avowed. Still thinks it won’t be at E3. That around the time they had the Playlist for the show it wasn’t ready at that time. Doesn’t mean they can’t go back and decide it’s too important to not show it.

Elden Ring on Game Pass? Says these decisions are made very late, mentioned Outriders as example. Which was quite close to launch.

Kojima deal? Too early for it to be at E3, doesn’t know if it’s closed. Nothing what Kojima is doing with MS would prevent Kojima from working with PS again, if PS so chooses. He thinks it’s unlikely PS wants to work with Kojima, unless he just wants to make a MG game, any other weird shit…get out of here. Which was him speculating.

But he’s going to make a game for MS. Nothing changed there. Cloud game.

Know anything more about Project Omen? He knows a sliver more, but not worth sharing. This is the kind of stuff they will tell us at the show.

Anything from Sony this month? He thinks there won’t be.

Stalker 2 at E3? It might be in like a sizzle reel, doesn’t seem to know if it will be at the show.

Dragon’s Dogma 2? He thinks it could be, because of that hack.

7 Likes

Warhammer Skulls is starting

Cringe.

Hey everyone. We’d love to hear about how Game Pass has or hasn’t changed your gaming habits. The best answers could be featured in an article (or even a video!)

[COMMUNITY CONVERSATION] Game Pass has turned 3 years old earlier this month - How has it changed Gaming for you? - Gaming - XboxEra

4 Likes

Jeez you guys sometimes go too far with the “Sony buying timed exclusivity” doom. They can’t even do this one because it was already announced as a multiplat and advertised as “coming to the Xbox store.” And someone earlier was saying motherfucking GTA 6??? Even Epic Games who is far worse than Sony for this could only get RDR2 PC exclusive for 1 month (and you can bet your ass that Sony would have to pay FAR, FAAAAR more to keep it off Xbox than Epic did to keep it off Steam). And don’t even get me started (again) on people who still say DQXI will be PS5 exclusive despite 3 of the 4 IP holders being entities who would never ever allow that to happen.

I wouldn’t even put too much stock into “Bioshock PS5 exclusive”, “Dragon’s Dogma 2 PS5 exclusive”… They are as real to me as “Silent Hill PS5 Japan Studio (RIP)”, and “DMC5 on Unreal Engine PS4 exclusive”

1 Like

20210603_190022

20210603_190024

It’s just odd when it comes to ER. This means money for marketing won’t be nearly as much as it could have been. Ah well, we should be seeing a trailer soon enough…good enough!

If Elden Ring can come back from the dead, I believe in Avowed gameplay on sunday!

3 Likes

I hope so. It seems it really was a matter of the E3 assets making it in time for the playlist. And Avowed might not have been ready. But then it’s kinda odd that Sponger seemed to certain it would be there.

0 expectations, always the right approach.

2 Likes

following the current situation with the Nintendo Super Switch Pro and Metroid 4: we as Xbox fans don’t know what real pain is.

3 Likes

We are credentialed for E3!

:philwins:

32 Likes

Praying for you Jesse and the workload thats gonna be sent your way.

2 Likes

yeah MS competitor in cloud area right here

Supercool! :+1:t4:

What does it mean for Xboxera staff? Do you get to cover more behind the scenes and more interviews?

4 Likes

time to interview phil after E3

5f6b3034bf156

4 Likes

hmm pc gaming show…AOE 4 ? same day as xbox E3

E X C L U S I V E

1 Like

It means we’re going to very busy, yes. Looking forward to it though! :slight_smile:

14 Likes