XboxEra Community Hangout |OT3| Setting Low Expectations

I agree with what you say but I dont think so that will be shown at E3 means the mechanics and all the stuff. I feel we will get a fresh look at the updated visuals and they will finally reveal the multiplayer with some new modes that will go along with it.

Maybe we will get a date for multiplayer beta.

I feel they will drop feed infos and videos till launch. E3 is not going to the last showcase. All the previous Halo games have only had one single showing at E3.

Yeah I’ve got the feeling they will announce the beta. According to Jez, the game has been in flighting under very tight NDA for a while now.

Personally I just want to have a look at the updated visuals running on a video not still images. Other stuff I am fine without having a look at it. I just want to experience the game going blindly without any expectations.

1 Like

“Obsidian, however, could appear in a big way. I’ve been told conflicting information about the possibility of Avowed being at the show, which is Obsidian’s first-person RPG set in the Pillars of Eternity universe, making me think there’s a 50/50 chance we could see something on it. I’ve also been told that, surprisingly, Outer Worlds 2 may be announced. Grounded has also been cited for a potential content showcase, ddetailing some big upcoming new features.”

3 Likes
1 Like

ahem

2 Likes

Me personally:

Tired Winnie The Pooh GIF by good-night

2 Likes

Oh God my mistake went into the wrong Thread again, I will continue in the E3 one.

Lets funnel all this talk to the E3 thread before Brit gets a stroke and we get a green message from the mods.

1 Like

I hope so much they decide to do this. Because we’ll get our first real look at a Xbox Series game (as far as I know hasn’t been announced for X1) which is long overdue tbh, haha. But most importantly we get to see what Obsidian’s new AAA RPG looks like, and as I said before it shows real confidence too. Confidence in showing something that is still not coming soon (unless it’s planned for next year, would be the ultimate surprise) and also that they don’t mind at all revealing multiple, big and different RPGs in one show. There’s truly nothing wrong with that.

The conflicting reports are interesting, can go both ways. Maybe MS is like “let’s keep this one for XO or TGA”, so that they have a big reveal and presence there too. It’s something we have to take into account.

This! So much This. It’s an obvious no win situation when it comes to what gamers supposedly want. (let’s be honest, 99.9% of the time they don’t know)

Truth be told gamepaly wise i loved what i saw of Infinite. Gave me major Combat Evolved vibes and i was far less concerned with graphic fidelity than gameplay when it comes to Halo.

A “Halo ass Halo” game sounds amazing to me and i can’t wait to see what they show off!

4 Likes

If Obsidian show both Avowed and The Outer worlds 2 that would be crazy AF

1 Like

Did you forget that we are in the Summer Topic Mess? :joy:

this topic has to be pinned.

How can I, I’m reminded with every 7 of 10 posts…

STOP SCROLLING AND PLEASE READ

Netizens of XboxEra, please see below a list of questions to be reviewed for a betting special for everyone on the forum. The idea is to have a mix of relatively-simple yes/no, over/under, or game-specific questions that will be put into polls in a new thread sometime this week.

Please let me know if any over/under bars seem off-base, questions are downright bad, or if you have any good questions you’d like to include. I’m hoping I can scrap some of mine and add some of yours.

I wanted to make the questions a mix of obvious “meat of the presentation” questions, some around specific games, and most importantly, goofy predictions. Please let me know if you have any good ideas and I’ll likely incorporate them.

1. What game will open the presentation? List TBD

2. Wat game will close the presentation? List TBD

3. How long will the Halo Section be? Over under 8.5 minutes

4. How many aliens will be in the Starfield demo? Over Under 3.5 aliens

5. Will Microsoft announce a new acquisition? Yes/No

6. How many gamepass games will be announced (game could not have been known to be released on gamepass previously, 1st party does not count) Over under 12.5 games

7. How many games will be shadow dropped? (does not count games already out coming to gamepass) Over under 2.5 games

8. Will the words “Deathloop” or “Ghostwire Tokyo” be said? Yes/No

9. Will new hardware be announced? (does not count new colors of old controllers) Yes/No

10. Will Hideo Kojima reveal himself? Yes/No

11. How many extended gameplay demos will be shown? Over Under 2.5 demos

12. How many new games will be announced? (Will count announcement/reveal trailers on e3recap.com and exclude multiplats that already exist) Over Under 20.5 games

13. How many times will the word “experience” be said? Over Under 8.5 times

14. How many double jumps will be seen? Over Under 3.5 double jumps

15. Will a Persona game be announced for Xbox? Yes/No

16. Will Banjoy Threeie be announced? Yes/No

17. Which game will be seen first? Omen/Typhoon/Neither

18. Will Nintendo make an appearance? Yes/No

19. How many times will Phil Spencer say the word “committed”? Over Under 4.5 times

4 Likes

This topic needs to be pinned here. :point_down:

@Proven

https://youtu.be/0Ly4611uL6Q

PARTY TIME MOTHERDUCKERS

24 Likes

Hey sir have you heard the word of our Lord and savior “E3 thread has to be pinned” today?

1 Like

Hi :wave:

1 Like

So many pinned threads. :smiley: :rofl:

1 Like