XboxEra Community Hangout |OT3| Setting Low Expectations

Looked like Far Cry to me, which is all I really expected. And with that dog companion, I’m all in. Dying Light 2 looked great as well, should be a good back-half of the year.

That DOES look really nice! Clearly still cross gen but gameplay looks great there too! :slight_smile:

Far Cry 6 with it’s more “stylised” visual bring back something I really liked about Far Cry 3 : a good balance between realism and style, looks stunning.

Let’s goooooooo !!!

GIF by NBA

State of Play reactions can go here please; State of Play (May 27th) | Horizon Forbidden West Gameplay Reveal (stream link in the OP) - Gaming - XboxEra

2 Likes

I wasn’t including games that haven’t come out but I should have mentioned Starfield below. Gears doesn’t seem to have the same kind of mainstream recognition as the others anymore. It certainly doesn’t within the Xbox community but not much outside of that from what I’ve heard from non-Xbox folks. That said, they’re still fantastic.

Fable hasn’t been in the mainstream zeitgeist for a decade but I do hope it gets back there again with the new one.

Scratch that. Horizon just blew them away.

2 Likes

I didn’t see FC6 but Jesus, this looked pretty crazy. GG does it again. Animations top notch, it all seems to move, so lively, clean.

See, this is how I hope to see Fable being unveiled, Avowed and so on and I mean that in the way of animations and graphics too, and the format.

Indeed the first game that impressed me for real this gen.

Truly looks like something apart.

wow horizion looked good. Ill be playing it on ps4 but wow. no release date still

2 Likes

Same here! GG seems to have thought about all the details, it’s crazy. These are the kind of visuals and animation I hope to see in many many games going forward.

1 Like

Not even a 2021 at the end, I’m really confident this is now a early 2022 release.

Missed the gameplay, typical

Yep. It was stunning. Those landscape screenshots were underwhelming, but lighting looks miles better in gameplay. I don’t even know how a PS4 will manage to run that. The fight with the elephant was crazy !

But yeah, no release date, so probably 2022.

2 Likes
1 Like

This gen is going to be amazing for games of all kind.

The technology is at the right spot.

1 Like

Why is the video so blurry though ? Even at 4K, it looks like there’s a lot of compression artifacts everywhere.

Edit : yeah I get it now why people says Youtube compression is bad…

Look out mod and admin team, if a PlayStation State of Play is doing this, you better watch out for that Xbox E3 :stuck_out_tongue:

11 Likes