XboxEra Community Hangout |OT2| Cracking down on shitposting

Oh god, I’m not sure I’m ready for what’s coming next…

2 Likes

Nope. That was from December 2020. So $7 billion evaluation in December 2020, and turn down offer of $12 Billion in April. That’s a premium of 71% in just 4 months.

4 Likes

Housemarque joining Playstation Studios can be.

1 Like

ZhugeEX usually isn’t really Xbox news, is it?

1 Like

He is multiplatform.

6 Likes

Okay. There has been some great news for Xbox today.

BUT. I cannot help but to feel Playstation really took the W with the Discord integration deal.

No

3 Likes

He was giving Game Pass codes away few hours before the announcement of the Bethesda acquisition in September.

1 Like

I can see us getting their E3 plans, but Tom’s and Zhuge’s tweet do seem like it will be bigger news than that.

1 Like

To quote @LiamS from a post at B3D:

interestingly this has been in the works for a little while now, on the sony blog they said that sony invested into discords series H round. This round of investment occurred in december 2020 at a $7B valuation

Some info on the funding round more generally

Discord bags $100M funding in Series H round at $7B valuation (techstory.in)

Obviously this is a very minor stake all things considered, even if sony had been the sole investor in the funding round, which they weren’t, they would have a ~1.4% stake.

I wonder if this makes microsoft up their offer of (according to reports) $12B

1 Like

When there was news that Xbox tried to acquire them I was like…ok…doesn’t mean much to me. So this now happening…meh. For me personally it doesn’t take anything away from the greatness that is Xbox. :slight_smile:

Hmmm, I see. So this big news doesn’t necessarily has to be PS.

Yeah, the investment from Sony is similar to their investment in Epic. It is incredibly minor and more of ‘smoothing’ over a deal or any future deals l feel.

4 Likes

I wouldn’t worry about the Discord stuff, sucks that Xbox probably won’t get support for a while but it’s not a closed door, it does feel like some are overreacting(not here). It is funny though, I would say this wasn’t a overnight thing and Sony doing it for a 1 up on Microsoft. I would say Discord was probably already talking to Sony before MS talks and just liked the Sony offer more.

Ok, with the tweets coming in from certain individuals, I definitely think we are getting a Star Wars game announcement tomorrow and a certain company has decided not to announce today’s news tomorrow :thinking:

which individuals? I like keeping an eye on people who like teasing things :smiley:

2 Likes

I’m loving all those accounts praising FPS Boost.

12 Likes

Any star wars games being announced tomorrow?

Tom Warren, Zughe and our very own Klobrille of course.

1 Like

Lmao that Deus Ex tweet 10/10

Deus Ex at 60 fps…gotta play it again

1 Like