XboxEra Community Hangout |OT2| Cracking down on shitposting

Another old game!

Dev commentary video here:

Looks good!

4 Likes

eh I dont feel Scarlet Nexus tbh played the demo and is currently a wait and see

This game is perfect for gamepass, the kind of game I could expend hours playing.

Very unlikely, Bandai Namco is the best Xbox ally in Japan, they actually market their big games on Xbox shows since 4-5 years and only the really super niche things don’t land on Xbox (games that generally don’t even land in the west). It seems they don’t see Sony like the others japan pubs, Phil has even said at E32018 if I’m not mistake “my friend at Bandai Namco”, so there’s a very strong bond there.

(1) Next Final Fantasy title could be PS5 exclusive : GamingLeaksAndRumours (reddit.com)

of course no surprise there this is why i rarely buy a square enix game especially there Japanese side and the other division i usually wait for a sale or it launches in to Game Pass.

I personally don’t care, it was already crystal clear that Sony has substantially bought the FF license, who care obviously can only hope that it will backfire badly over time, otherwise there won’t be any FF game on Xbox for a loooong time.

Square’s gamepass initiative seems to be wasted if they gave xbox/pc gamers a taste and then tie their future games to full/timed exclusives to a platform they can’t play on. I do wonder what Square’s strategy is here because it seems all over the place, and I feel they’re going to stunt the growth of their franchises.

1 Like

At this point if you want to play a FF game you will need a Playstation or you skip it. Thats the bottom line.

1 Like

That’s from January

3 Likes

Yep. At the very least if you don’t want to wait, get a PS5.

If that his happens I don’t want to hear a single word about how it’s bad if elder scrolls 6 or Wolfenstein 3 is exclusive to Xbox.

4 Likes

I dont really think those arguments mix since Xbox owns both ES and Wolfenstein now.

2 Likes

Yeh, but for those with the ‘we shouldn’t be making ‘multiplat’ franchises exclusive’ angle

3 Likes

Very interesting, maybe they are gearing up for console game production?

I know everyone has a preferred platform but you just gotta go where the games are most of the time.

Or you just wait them out.

I love FF but I won’t ever buy a PS5 just for it.

I’ll wait for the games, if they ever come to Xbox.

2 Likes

In my opinion there hasn’t been a good Final Fantasy since 9. Sony can have it. I will get mad if the next tomb raider doesn’t come to xbox and I hear Sony is snatching up timed deals like crazy.

2 Likes

Personally I’m waiting to see if it is even true. After all, it was only yesterday that it seems people were agreeing not to take insiders at face value. If true, well I will just wait for the game if it is interesting.

Yep, which is why I’ve purchased pretty much every console going back to the NES. I think the Atari Jaguar and the Wii/WiiU are the only ones I’ve passed on over the years.

I get why people get tribal when it comes to videogames, but it’s way more fun to play all the games and not have to worry about exclusives. Granted, not everyone can afford to buy everything, but even just waiting a few years to pick up a console on the cheap can achieve the same goals.