XboxEra Community Hangout |OT2| Cracking down on shitposting

Ruh roh Raggy more it’s getting spicy again

Why should Microsoft stop making Xbox hardware just because they have Game Pass service? Having Office 365 doesn’t stop Microsoft from producing arguably the best Windows laptops :woman_shrugging:

Microsoft wants to grow Game Pass agressively and the results so far justify their strategy in my opinion. They won’t stop and wait for Nintendo or Sony to introduce their games on Game Pass just for the optics of ‘meeting us in the middle’. The iron is hot, strike it.

If I open my Game Pass subscription I have a lot of emotions. Being doomed isn’t one of them.

I’m not trying to dismiss both your opinions on this btw. I’m just telling you the reality of the situation. Like with Play Anywhere there was a similar opposition at the start: “PC users get Xbox games, what do Xbox users get in return?” Well they got a better funded Xbox division, more games, better services, more population in their online games. There was no downside in the end.

I was kidding, it’s about xCloud on Switch, people are arguing about it still.

Is the thought that people who were not originally okay with streaming (since they were potentially Xbox hardware customers) are now okay with streaming (because they would buy a Switch to play Xbox games)?

1 Like

Lets move this discussion into the other thread guys. Responding here just keeps it going.

5 Likes

That argument I was making was directed to the notion that the only thing that matters now is gamepass. Getting gamepass on every device, every console, every Playstation and every Nintendo. If that is True and Gamepass the service is all that matters not Xbox the console, Xbox the Brand, or Xbox the platform then why keep Xbox at all. That is my point in that argument. I don’t want them to drop Xbox as that is my console and platform of choice I love the Xbox and I have since I fired up Halo on the original way back when. If the focus is truly on gamepass and that is what everyone wants then that is an issue to me as it starts to neglect Xbox itself. To me the focus should be improving gamepass on the Xbox and Xbox platform, not PS5 and Switch that is where this whole argument stems from is so many people so happy and eager to out Xbox games on the Switch and PS5 and not demanding something from them in return. Most of us don’t care about phone or tablet streaming because frankly it is still a niche thing and doesn’t work as well as native games for most of the world still. Its the willingness it seems of other people on here to give the Switch or Ps5 any options to play Xbox games on their platforms. That is where the divide lies. It’s fine that they want to grow gamepass like Netflix, Netflix didn’t start off with and are still trying to market their own hardware, they truly are 3rd party, and they didn’t offer their original content on cable TV or other services to grow it. If Xbox is relying on PS and Nintendo to sell their games and services then yes Xbox is not doing so hot. To keep this argument off this thread since people are getting agitated I’ll end it here out of respect for everyone else.

1 Like

Bingo

Hmm I see.

But people should not be surprised though. Phil has been mentioning this. If Sony and Nintendo were to allow it, Xbox would be open to that idea.

But I think that was about a actual Game Pass app on those systems, which Phil made clear would require a ecosystem on those platforms too. So for Xcloud Phil doesn’t have any real conditions it seems. With that in mind Sony could be getting it too, if not willingly maybe indirect via internet browser?

I’m awake now. I was off doing real world stuff.

Okay anyways.

Seems like this topic was moved, but I’ll share my final thoughts…

I don’t like it, but I’ll allow it if xCloud on Switch is what’s being teased. Just for the simple fact that having xCloud on Switch would probably open up to more subs for GamePass which would in turn, being in Japan mean more JRPGS on Xbox just because of GamePass and xCloud.

So if having to deal with dumb Twitter bullshit because xCloud is on Switch means that I can actually get Kingdom Hearts 4 on GamePass Day 1 because Square Enix realizes that the amount of DLC they could sell vastly out numbers the amount of money Sony could give them to make the game a 1 - 2 year time exclusive, then fuck it, sign me up.

But don’t make me regret this.

There, happy?

1 Like

This game easy GOTY contendor and I haven’t even played it yet, bt I just know.

4 Likes

So it’s April 10 now, a year since FF7R. They can talk about other platforms now. Will they? I say nah. Definitely believe something would have leaked on it already too in that case.

What’s all this smoke I’m hearing about Jez mysterious symbol tweet supposed to be the Iron Galaxy logo because KI II is gonna be announced?

Some something about it on OtherERA.

2 Likes

Sleepy Music Video GIF by Dizzy Fae

Fuck you don’t like anything.

Did someone say Crackdown 4 Star Wars edition :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Why Yes I did.

1 Like

Star Wars: Crackdown

It would be based around the idea of “The Bad Batch” in which you play as a specialized Clone Trooper turned Storm Trooper that’s sent by the Emperor to CRACKDOWN on the growing unrest on [ENTER NEW PLANET] shortly after the Rise of the Empire.

You would grab special “drop pods” filled with enhanced clone DNA to make yourself bigger, faster, stronger and get access to experimental weapons that cause big booms.

Eventually you would turn to the Rebellion side and start cracking down on the Stormtroopers before coming face to face with a clone of yourself as the final boss. Game ends with this first unoffical victory against the Empire inspiring more planets to rise up against the Empire.

1 Like

:skull::skull::skull: fighting games just not my cup of tea tbh

Never change, Prog. Never change. :smile:

1 Like