XboxEra Community Hangout |OT2| Cracking down on shitposting

Didn’t @Shpeshal_Nick also say a few weeks back that no one guessed the Sega game that Sega plans to bring to gamepass? Or maybe I’m confusing that for Square Enix.

1 Like

Donald Glover Pizza GIF

1 Like

Switch’s wifi-signal is so weak, playing xCloud on it would be a lagging, artifact-ridden mess.

2 Likes

I’m torn on this whole Nintendo/Xcloud scenario.

I still believe that high quality exclusive software is probably the single most important thing that results in successful hardware but I also love what Xbox have been doing for the last few years, growing outside that restrictive mindset of “These toys are mine! You can’t play with them!” & moving in new directions that actually, genuinely open up gaming to a wider audience.

I’m starting to wonder about where we’re drawing our lines in the sand, as Xbox fans. Xbox are opening up their platform. That’s just a fact. There are millions upon millions of gamers all over the world who play their games in a variety of ways, on different devices, through subscription services, streaming, buying physical or digital, handheld, on a monitor, a TV, etc… Why are we ok with one group of people getting the games but not another? What’s the difference & why is it so important? How does it affect us in a negative way? Does it really matter?

It’s a fascinating subject to consider & as Xbox fans, we’re just going to have to think about it because they’re the one pushing the industry in this way.

I’m a bit confused myself, when I look at my initial gut reaction to these things & then stop to think for a minute. All I can say right now from my personal perspective is that I do believe in exclusives & I don’t think any of the Xbox first party studios should be making games for competing platforms but at the same time, I’d love to play Halo on my Switch, lying back on the couch with my headphones on.

I do not believe this will be xCloud on Switch, because, in my opinion, it’d be a technical mess. I played a lot of Splatoon 2, and Switch’s wi-fi antenna is a complete joke. It’s really weak, doesn’t hold much signal strength at even medium distances, which causes it to have lots of lag and slow speed. I am comfortable saying that xCloud on Switch would be an horrible experience unless you were right besides the router, which kind of kills the whole portability thing.

I’ll make a fun, although extremely unlikely prediction. Banjo and Kazooie partnership, being developed by Nintendo, out in 2022 for Switch and Xbox consoles.

1 Like

I created a new topic for it. Might be late to the party, I just woke up and basically missed all the discussion here :sweat_smile:

Freedom for Goldeneye: YEESSSSSS!!!

Why is Microsoft in this lopsided relationship with Apple? Microsoft fans dont get a SOUL from them in exchange for Office and they even killed our beloved Lumias :frowning:

So what I got from the last 100 posts is that you all will get upset and sell your Xboxes when Switch gets a decent browser. Interesting.

1 Like

Exactly have Nintendo release its first party games on Xbox and release Xcloud in its entirety on the switch with gamepass working for native switch games as well. If they really wanted to sweeten the deal release all Nintendo 1st party games in gamepass and xcloud for both systems and let Microsoft data centers run Nintendo’s online for a discounted rate. Doesnt have to be exactly this deal.but something similar. The Switch doesn’t compete with the Xbox so sharing games between the two isn’t a big deal. Imagine smash bros on Xbox through live though!!!

I think the main issue is Xbox seems eager to “share” games while Nintendo and Sony don’t. I get the idea behind it. Why should Xbox be willing and open to other platforms if PS and Nintendo aren’t doing the same. It appears that Xbox is willing to help what some think of as competitors, while not “helping” their own device. Me personally I wouldn’t care if Xbox released every 1st party game on PS and Nintendo, as long as PS and Nintendo do the same. That way they get something out of the deal and so would Xbox owners. Let Xbox put gamepass on the switch as long as Nintendo adds their catalog to Gamepass for both consoles as well. They both make money and both platforms get more games a win-win for everyone.

2 Likes

PogStopper either finally fell asleep, or…

6 Likes

I don’t mean to get spicy with you all. Random words atart capitalizing themselves when you’re a couple beers deep haha.

Dj Khaled Love GIF by TikTok

I just think this is such a petty take.

I get people wanting exclusives, but xcloud is already on android and iOS, theres no difference between that and having xcloud on switch

In reality android and iOS are already bigger gaming platforms than any of the ‘big three’

Who knows, maybe as part of the agreement to get xcloud on switch xbox could start making a golden eye remake

gaming isnt a zero sum game, its not like we are speculating that halo infinite is going to get a native ps5 version at launch

I don’t remember what he said. I think we were all thinking about the Persona games, but Sonic is just more in line with the teases from last year and Jez’s tweet.

I mean yes, I agree.

But I’m not going to pretend Xbox isn’t still fighting an uphill battle to turn perceptions around that they can have a catalogue of good games.

I’m also not going to pretend that it doesn’t feel good to be treated like a valued customer with exclusives. Make these games accessible, sure, as long as they are in the ecosystem and my purchase of the Xbox hardware is respected.

1 Like

It’s not petty at all…

Nintendo has a wide base of IP’s which 100% they wouldn’t share with any other platform… that’s the gist of it.

Also, Xbox doesn’t compete against mobile hardware… that’s a completely different market and reaches people console gaming never could. The vast majority of Xbox users have access to a smartphone so it makes sense with XCloud…

Switch on the other hand, is a direct competitor.

2 Likes

Just caught up, what a ride.

From my point of view, I view Game Pass as a big group buying club under MS stewardship. The more subscribers to Game Pass the more money available to buy us stuff. So whilst I wouldn’t be particularly pleased about more Xbox games going to switch ala Ori (without us getting something back), I am ok with Switch users being able join the Game Pass club. Same way i’d be happy with Steam users getting to join as well.

Game Pass is the future and does it really matter if someone accesses it on an Xbox, PC, Switch, TV App or Smart Phone which just about every single person has? The more the merrier.

Because those are just cheaper alternatives that dont eat into the microsoft console market?

1 Like

There is none besides you can play xcloud on switch! I dont even use my switch for Nintendo games much less gonna use it for xcloud.

1 Like

More money for Xbox to invest in more Xbox games.

There is also a good example in Ubisoft. They were the only big publisher who supported the Wii/WiiU with a lot of games and content. Nintendo let them make a masterpiece in the Mario Rabbids game.

Streaming is going to eat into the Microsoft console market. It is also going to expand the Microsoft console market. That is the entire point of it.

1 Like