XboxEra Community Hangout |OT13| The Bakers Dozen

Its also very dumb, a ‘memory leak bug’…great bugs can be fixed. At least make up a better story or tech limitation.

1 Like

https://x.com/xboxera/status/1828201304402935930

4 Likes

And a pro console is a niche market. Particularly when you have almost no first party software the year it is releasing….

3 Likes

“The studio is already working hard to resolve this issue and achieve the necessary certification. Once they get approval, they will set a release date for the game, but they do not yet know when or how, but apart from that error the game is “close to being ready.””

Hope they get it sorted soon, because that last part sounds promising. I didn’t expect it actually would be close at all.

1 Like

If they do a State of Play with 7 minutes of how good DS2 will look on PS5 Pro people will be very happy. Sony’s fans are quick to celebrate anything at all as they truly are ignored.

1 Like

Grubb did say that a Showcase was happening back in May which turned out to be a State of Play. Here he says State of Play so maybe it’s a showcase. lol

They should and I hope they do. Expecting an early 2025 release for Xbox Series X/S.

2 Likes

Well a SoP would already be better than the meeting from the PS4 Pro announcement.

A show with 40-45 minutes with a few third party games like Silent Hill, Death Stranding and a couple more, some “known” 1st party like the Horizon remaster, Wolverine, and then closing with a new game from ND or that Ghost of Tsushima 2 would be good, too optimistic maybe.

I guess first party wise they’ll announce the Horizon remaster, show some already released games like GoW or Spiderman 2 getting a image quality boost, and then finally close with the Wolverine reveal, that’d make sense.

Sony doesn’t have enough games to be doing a showcase yearly anymore, they have a few more studios now, but development’s time is like 3 times what it was 10-15 years ago, so maybe just doing SoP events, focusing too on 3rd party deals might make more sense.

2 Likes

That’s not a state of play, that’s a showcase. State of Plays are not 1st party focused, they have a few first party games in them at most when it comes to the big hitters.

1 Like

https://x.com/Genki_JPN/status/1828318867766247871

Yikes

8 Likes

That goddamned Series S man, I blame that one for this.

All bad things in life really.

3 Likes

Its interesting that in the USA where competition is fiercest between Xbox and PlayStation, within the last 12 months I paid $350 for a new Xbox Series X, traded in my launch Xbox for $350, bought a new PS5 for $399.

Funny how competition is actually a good thing for consumers in a competitive market. Meanwhile Asia and Europe pay much higher prices because of less competition.

5 Likes

Also VAT and currency weakness.

3 Likes

Yeah I think this particular change is likely due to significant recent changes in exchange rates, some interest rate increases in Japan and upcoming expected rate decreases in the US.

And I’d expect to see that Pro be a bit more expensive than people expected, which may be why they’ve been waiting to announce it if they haven’t figured out how much it’ll cost yet. Xbox may possibly follow suit with prices in Japan but they’d probably announce further in advance and maybe not go into effect until after the holidays if they act like they have in the past.

3 Likes

I’m surprised I have yet to see an excuse or joke to say they blame Xbox for price hike influence. But that would mean Xbox matters.

I think Xbox already raised a month ago and many people were upset.

4 Likes

Ah, I missed that.

They still have some third party exclusives like Lost Soul Aside that they can show on the PS5 pro then there are games like FF16 which could be enhanced and of course a working Black Myth Wukong. Also, who knows if there is another Xbox game going to PlayStation that could be announced at the show.

Should be interesting to see what Sony does.

https://x.com/Septic_Sauce/status/1828346832147083353

2 Likes

https://x.com/hori_europe/status/1828251335126294623?s=46&t=O_AGT9SEnlptKOF_2SxtqQ

11 Likes

I doubt this has much implication for PS5 Pro US or Europe price. Thats still going to be higher than folks expect imo especially because PS5 is nominally 550 MSRP still and they know only sickos buy the pro model. Portal’s a better indicator imo.