XboxEra Community Hangout |OT12| The Dirty Dozen

6 Likes

more like “Now I am become a Crypto-Bro, grifter of moneys”

2 Likes

Yeah its a bit weird seeing him sayin things like that when PS games with budgets over 200+ million started during his tenure and lest not forget the (I think?) NFT thing hes doing currently but I found the interview really insightful.

https://twitter.com/MatPiscatella/status/1766255975529583068

…exclusivity is your Achilles’ heel. It reduces your addressable market… Another platform is just another way of opening the funnel…" How former PlayStation boss views gaming’s tumultuous time | Shawn Layden interview https://venturebeat.com/games/how-former-playstation-boss-views-gamings-tumultuous-time-shawn-layden-interview/… via

@VentureBeat

5 Likes

Sony is in a tough spot but I dont see them adopting a multiplatform releases strategy any time soon if ever, because their whole business is still based on the console. They are not going to undermine the value of Playstation consoles, as Xbox doesnt care that much to do.

I think before that they would consider scaling down the size of their projects/games, but how you do that when your audience is so used to big bombastic many As productions and actually demand them?

Interesting times ahead. For now, I think they will start relying on PC more.

3 Likes

Sony will start releasing games on other consoles as early as next year.p

2 Likes

I must say it would be nice if a lot of what’s debated here could come out as an opinion piece to give a view of gamers. I quite liked how Jez simetimes puts out opinion views that has been a voice of the community.

That would be nice.

This is a cool idea but I doubt anyone on Xbox gives a fuck about what the core community thinks nowadays, they got the memo a few weeks back with the “is Xbox going multiplat?” backlash and they seem to follow this new “every screen is an Xbox” strategy going forward no matter what AND much faster that what most of us expected. Let’s hope this will not shrink their footing in the console space any further because hope is all that’s left. :man_shrugging: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I am with you (who wouldn’t like that?) but this is a highly unlikely scenario considering Sony still isn’t all in on releasing their games day and date on PC let alone releasing their games on other consoles in a year from now. Will they do that in the future? most likely yes but it’s still too early to see a business move like that from Playstation IMO.

Listen to what the execs are saying with regards to multiplatform releases instead of using your “intuition” (lol)

I just don’t like the continuous yelling on twitter and sometimes it seems the media’s influence is stronger. You look at the way the media has ran with the Xbox going third party while absolving Sony of all their missteps. The media could have used their resources to investigate the issue properly but they didn’t. I just think it would have been nice in all this situation to get an understanding of the gamers reasoning through a good opinion piece highlighting the issue. I do however agree that the message was sent through the backlash.

1 Like

Id say the opinion of a lot of the gamers has been made pretty clear.

6 Likes

It’s also a matter of experience, not easy having multiplatform releases and maintaining different skus. Studios have to have capacity and knowledge to execute that.

As others have said likely have to try and squeeze the current fan base more.

Telltale’s Guardians of the Galaxy for 15 bucks.

Worth it?

Also, is it BC? Because I don’t have Xbox One anymore.

3 Likes

I enjoyed TellTales Guardians of the Galaxy when it was brand new many years ago. Then again, I enjoy all their games (except New Tales from the Borderlands). I liked TT’s Guardians more than the SquareEnix’s Guardians. As for value, try to see a price tracker on it to see if it frequently dips to $10, sometimes games do but sometimes they don’t.

As for BC, the Series consoles can play every Xbox One game except those tied to Kinect peripheral. Its only the Xbox360 games that one needs to be concerned about being BC or not.

2 Likes

Thanks for the help.

My only concern is that the game has been delisted from the store a few years ago and I googled it and it seems only episode 1 is on the disc, while it downloads the other episodes from the store. Won’t that cause a problem? I need to find this out for certain before I purchase.

1 Like

Started to notice vignetting effect on my Samsung TV, when Square Enix logo appears at booting Kingdom Hearts 1.5 + 2.5 HD and screen is white.

I know it is something normal and minimal but sucks and gets on my nerves bc I want everything to be perfect.

I know it is not enough to ask for a replacement but I may show you some pictures…

Sucksss

I wonder if doing manual compensation cycles would help reduce the effect? I know most Oled tvs do so after 4 hours of use, but maybe manually adding another per day can help the image retention.

https://x.com/multiversus/status/1766229943472525447?s=46&t=O_AGT9SEnlptKOF_2SxtqQ

Looks like WB putting their large chunk of chips on this.

4 Likes

Not really. Fury didnt give a shit and purposly made it close. Which was a good thing for Ngannou because if the fury that showed up against wilder fought Ngannou ngannou would have been hospitilised. Absolutely fucking no boxing iq at all.

6 days. Its pretty clear though, Rebirth has sold worse then 16, despite more PS5s being out there. Pretty disastrous for Square.