XboxEra Community Hangout |OT12| The Dirty Dozen

I mean it was hopium because they didn’t say it themselves, and Rockstar’s initial release dates tend to be late in the year, but with delays they then release early in the next year. Could be the same with this.

1 Like

There doesn’t seem to be any new information in this article. With the new direction of Kotaku I’d take any “news” they share with a mountain of salt right now.

6 Likes

I dunno, early 2025 sure sounds far away but it’s one year at this stage - it’s not impossible and some level of delays seems realistic, but doubling their estimated remaining development time at this stage seems strange.

Dexerto is approaching the banned category for me :valle:

Seriously, go read that Kotaku article and realize that yesterday their EIC quit over the “new direction” the site is being forced into. I put zero stock into this “reporting”

https://x.com/InsiderGamingIG/status/1771241372579717297?s=20

2 Likes

For those interested in Enotria: The Last Song, Jyamma Games has released a statement to the Italian media. This is the english translation (ignore any errors if there are any, I’m Italian too :sweat_smile:)

"Jyamma Games officially apologizes to all Xbox players. We are well aware that the news of the lack of presence on Xbox on day one is causing many discussions on the matter and we want to clarify some aspects of the matter with this official statement.

We have been internally discussing the simultaneous release on all platforms for some time, I’m sorry to have communicated it only now, but it is a choice that was made recently and I was officially informed that releasing it on all platforms would have entailed a decline in the general quality of the product as well as a further delay of the same.

I want you to know that the delay caused by the launch on the same date as one of our competitors gave us the opportunity to take more time to further improve the product, this led to raising the bar and I, as CEO, am responsible for the final quality of the product.

That said, I would never allow our game to release discreetly on all platforms, I prefer the game to be perfect on 2 platforms rather than discreet on 3. Once we have released the game we will also get to work on the Xbox version and the DLC, so that we can also give the game to Microsoft users.

The choice fell on PS5 rather than Xbox simply because we have a relationship with our partners in Asia (SEGA) with whom we have agreements that we want to respect as a matter of respect for them. As you may all know, the Asian market is largely dominated by PlayStation, so PS5 was the most logical choice.

However, I would like to clarify some things, Jyamma Games is an independent software house that has never been financed by anyone, including Microsoft, some accusations that have been made by some users are bordering on a lawsuit regarding this issue. I hope that everything is clearer now and that the Xbox community doesn’t get angry about my forced choice."

8 Likes

It’s very nice to see the CEO saying they will make it for Xbox. The reports made it sound like it wasn’t happening anymore, or that they would see if they were gonna do it. What he says here is pretty clear.

4 Likes

Hope the folks making a big deal about an indie game skipping their platform out their money where their mouth is.

16 Likes

This all reminds me of when that Inspector Gadget game was supposed to skip Xbox, but there was huge outrage on social media and Microids changed its mind. I’d be really curious to know how much that game sold, especially the Xbox version

2 Likes

It’s hilarious seeing people get so mad at an indie studio for doing the obvious smart business strategy.

I guess people just forget what indie exactly means when it comes to funding.

6 Likes

That game is out?!

Looks like I’ve got a game to find, Gadget was my favourite cartoon as a kid

it released last September. But be careful, the game seems not very good and is extremely short (like 1-2 hours short)

1 Like

Dammit in that case it may be backlog for a sale lol

People care way more about games that skip the platform (that they will never play) than the endless games that do come to the platform

6 Likes

Staying with my Fall 2025 release prediction for Grand Theft Auto VI which is what im hoping for.

Wouldnt it be funny it GTA 6 came out on ps5 pro still ran at 30 fps but came out on the next xbox in 2026 at 60 fps. the salt

6 Likes

It’s as I said before, it’s unfortunate and I can’t be harsh on that. Separate them from Square or whoever takes money over loyalty alas moneyhat. That said glad there was a clearer explanation and while I don’t tolerate anything that’s over the limit like threat, I am glad to see Xbox fan base is vocal.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/cecianasta/status/1771328832299209107?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1771328832299209107|twgr^|twcon^s1_&ref_url=

“It’s harder to take risks,” said Martin Sibille, a vice president at Tencent Games who previously spent 15 years with Electronic Arts Inc. Top titles can cost up to $300 million to develop — the same as a blockbuster movie. And just as the film industry loaded up on superhero pictures, video-game makers are relying on well-known franchises as budgets balloon, according to executives at some of the industry’s top companies.

Phil was the first one to say this and at that time fanboys didnt believe him.

8 Likes

They won’t.

2 Likes

Crazy how Stardew broke player count record on Steam today. That update must be game changing.

4 Likes