XboxEra Community Hangout |OT11| It Goes To 11!

The gods… have heard my cries…

5 Likes

For the record, those guys I would listen when it’s reported from them, unlike the claims since they’re just well claims.

1 Like

I think the insider “culture” has reached an unsustainable level, now everything is a rumour, the sources are never clear and plans always “change”. Hmmm.

4 Likes

Bring back Ecco the Dolphin, ya cowards.

2 Likes

Sharp words…

https://twitter.com/TimSweeneyEpic/status/1745544491388248134?t=vfxvE94Gcy4U2tVwMg7z2A&s=19

12 Likes

SEGA Doing wonderfully well since they started doing multiplatform consistently. Some companies from that country should learn.

1 Like

Since Tim Sweany got MS on his side in court, he’s been doing crazy bootlicking :sob::sob:

6 Likes

My childhood, I feel like this game was either loved by us crazy folk or despised by kids who had no idea what to do

I loved it though, the music, the difficulty, the atmosphere, I think a modern version could work well but I’m not sure if SEGA actually own the IP or not

2 Likes

I actually played Ecco for the first time on NSO. It has some frustrating points, but it is a really unique and cool game. A remake or sequel of some sort would be awesome and nothing like anything else on the market.

1 Like

Had me at Panzer Dragoon. Seriously we need a Saga Remake. More people should play that game!

Live look at Square Enix: jim-carrey-dumb-and-dumber

4 Likes

What about Space Harrier and Choplifter?!?! I would faint if that were to happen.

Playing it atm.

Man, I love games with such good controls. Games that let you do whatever you want with precision.

I just parried an arrow. Yep, I am going to enjoy this.

4 Likes

PoP demo is definitely fun, but it’s not a day one buy for me. Especially because I have MORE than enough games already.

It is the first Ubisoft game to grab my attention in some time but I do also feel that being Ubisoft it is a game that you can pick up for like 30% off or more 1 month after release.

1 Like

Was this known?

https://x.com/IdleSloth84_/status/1745582367316615262?s=20

3 Likes

Think it’s appeared at a couple of Xbox events. Or you mean the date?

1 Like

Not to discount your point I think you are bang on BUT could it be argued that purchasing Activision helped MS grow as a business. Because you’re essentially adding on their revenue and profits.

When I look at Apple and Google I don’t see gaming, internally fostered with their own development teams, hardware, etc, being a big part of their business and to see video games be a part of MS seems like a good thing in recognizing the impact that games have.

3 Likes

Yup, release date.

I like how it looks, now to find out how it plays.

In terms of game feel and responsiveness it’s up there with Ori 2 and Metroid Dread, combat also has the potential to be the best combat system in a 2D game ever. Great stuff from an amazing studio, can’t wait to play next week (found the retail release for 40e!).

2 Likes

There’s a 3D Ecco on Dreamcast at least if you ever get the chance to play it. I think it was also released on PS2. It’s a really cool game and I thought they pulled off the switch to 3D really well.

2 Likes