XboxEra Community Hangout |OT11| It Goes To 11!

Maybe it’s just me but was using Larian’s Boss’ quote and spreading out a way to belittle Xbox gamers? If anything, it’s understandable if a dev doesn’t want to be part of Game Pass. If it’s there, cool, if not, cool. People won’t just freeze and can’t function on what to do next. If anything, the opposite effect happened as it’s the top 2 seller and played by many, ranking 13 at the time.

https://x.com/howlongtobeat/status/1736085028390731788?s=46&t=O_AGT9SEnlptKOF_2SxtqQ

Oh look, no PS first party games because they’re one and done.

See, I can be a douche as well…

8 Likes

They think we don’t buy games. :joy:

6 Likes

I took what he said as meaning, our game is hot right now it would not make sense to put it into game pass; that doesn’t mean it wont hit the service in a while once sales die down.

4 Likes

I know, but there are folks who are using these quotes in a different context and spread it like Game Pass is not welcome.

Wasn’t the dev asked about it by IGN? I think it’s fair for Swen to say what he said. I think it’s better to say it was dumb and irresponsible for IGN to ask that. I think it’s dumb for IGN to ask that question based on a small group on twitter speculating that due to Larian telling xbox fans to tune in to the game awards. I assume they were telling xbox gamers that so they can say BG3 is now available on the xbox store

yeah, those folks will jump on anything they can twist to fit whatever narrative they want. I wouldn’t be surprised if the guy from Larian elaborates on it soon completely destroying that narrative.

Felt like he did by shouting out to Xbox gamers for making their game best seller.

7 Likes

https://x.com/jezcorden/status/1736107364061696377?s=46&t=O_AGT9SEnlptKOF_2SxtqQ

He got fed up.

12 Likes

think of it this way. if you are in a minority then the game should’ve been sold as great as it’s receptions on the media and awards. the exposure of that cringe meme dance really didn’t help anything to promote the game for general folks.

The thing is, I can see BG3 coming to GP eventually. Surely there will come a point where sales simmer down and why wouldn’t they want a deal with GP to give it a second wind? Plus he said it isn’t coming, some sources make it into “will never come”, when he didn’t say never.

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/CentsOfLife/status/1735553928832413724

It sounds like what PS2 emulated games did on my old toaster PC! :sob:

6 Likes

I need to get into this Fortnite game people seem to be having so much fun :sob: I honestly only installed it once and barely played it because I thought it was only battle royale, but there’s crazy variety I’m seeing people post

It’s always interesting to me how some IPs are born this way. Something similar happened with Crystal Dynamics where Amy Hennig wanted to write the then new Tomb Raider game but the boss at the time wanted to keep her on Legacy of Kain. She ends up leaving for Naughty Dog and Uncharted is born.

6 Likes

Funny, because both came from Square publishing, but at least Tomb Raider received well while Thief was killed off and well, now it’s Embracer’s problem and well, pray Microsoft gets to them before it’s too late.

1 Like

Had plans for the day but got sick and also have a fever.

Will stay at home 100%ing Mario Wonder.

2 Likes

So that Skull and Bones beta…i remember folks saying rest in peace Sea of Thieves when that comes out…well…

1 Like

Finally bought the zero escape: the nonary games. Been waiting for it to go on sale but i cave in and bought it at full price.

7 Likes

fair price, you will get lots of playtime for your money :+1:

6 Likes

And a lot of Alice’s death scene and Quark going crazy.

1 Like