XboxEra Community Hangout |OT11| It Goes To 11!

If any of you liked vampire survivors like I did there is a game called army of ruin which is pretty much the same thing but 3d graphics. iv been playing it for 2 hrs now and loving it. it starts slower but two levels in you unlock the ability to speed up the game and its good from there

5 Likes

It’s GTA we talking about. Not to mention the game is console exclusive for launch, hence many PC folks would be looking to buy a console just for this.

1 Like

What’s this?

Just a simple joke i found on Twitter. Someone was making a gentle pun about ‘next years milk’ because it was milk with a 2024 expiration date. Someone else then joked by comparing it to the epidemic of game leakers. Nothing more to it.

1 Like

If you must continue the discussion, do so in the thread at That rumor and speculation about some Xbox game being published elsewhere

4 Likes

IMG-20240106-WA0003

Gotta say…i never really realized this, lmao. Never thought of it.

15 Likes

Hadn’t seen this story until just now while listening to a podcast.

To me, this is all about Sony making so many minor revisions to a console where not every change was worth enough of a saving. It’s about the Return on Investment.

This is very much in line with the discussion @Knottian and Albert Penello had previously, about what sort of changes make sense to roll out and how difficult it is to recoup costs.

5 Likes

I would have never thought of this in a million years. :smile:

6 Likes

I know, right? It’s honestly freaking cool! I do remember seeing the Lakitu but never went past that with my thoughts, lmfao. Good one Miyamoto, wow.

4 Likes

Yeah, I always thought it was just a goofy Miyamoto/Nintendo thing that was used to explain the switching of viewpoints.

3 Likes

I’ll always be a Nintendo lad, and a large part of it is because of Miyamoto.

Side note: I was one of those “weird” kids who used all his allowance money to buy Sega and Nintendo consoles. I think I still have every Nintendo, Sega, Sony, and Xbox console ever made - minus the PS5, and my original NES. Yes, I even have two Vitas (absolutely loved the OLED models - perfection, barring the memory card).

9 Likes

I was the same. I couldn’t afford the Sega 32x and CD at the time, but I did save up for the Saturn. I think the only console I didn’t buy post Atari 2600 was the Atari Jaguar. That thing had death written all over it. I was fortunate enough to be gifted a TurboGraphix-16 though, which still remains one of my favorites.

I think this is why I don’t get so bent out of shape about Console war stuff. To me, everything is going to be fine, so I refuse to worry about it.

Edit: I obviously couldn’t afford the Philips CDi , NeoGeo and the 3DO at the time either. It was probably for the best though. :smile:

3 Likes

Boy, am I glad the thread was separated. Almost hit 99+ notifications alone.

8 Likes

for real MS/xbox spent 80 billion dollar on the xbox business which they have never done but oh no game in a hopefully new franchise is going to switch xbox is dead give me a break

9 Likes

i swear people do not listen to what phil and the rest of leadership team talk about sometimes because they do talk about this but nobody listens or pays attention correctly

10 Likes

Guardians of the Galaxy is free on the Epic Games store until 2024-01-11T16:00:00Z.

Great game, highly recommend.

https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/marvels-guardians-of-the-galaxy

8 Likes

Want to share some good news. I had a call with anti-smoking consultation today, we did an initial assessment and they told me it should be easier for a relapse of this kind, and gave me an appointment in a week’s time to start a hopefully lite program to quit. Wish me luck.

30 Likes

Good luck!

You got this

3 Likes

FFXIV has a keynote tonight at 8 pm. We can expect Xbox version to be discussed now that we’re in a new year.

1 Like