XboxEra Community Hangout |OT10| Insert Catchy Quip Here

I say let’s go!

11 Likes

Once they win the big one, the hunt will resume.

3 Likes

9 Likes

I have a question for everyone? What do you think the next Xbox will be called? I believe we will continue the dual sku Approach but I have a belief that series will still be in the name so they will call. It Xbox series 2 and Xbox series 2S. that way they can just add numbers to it. .

1 Like

I think the next Xbox will be a mid generation upgrade they’ll label as Xbox Series Extra or E Series E for short. Of course, they’ll be available in a S model and an X model - so the Xbox Series EX and the Xbox Series ES. Thank goodness we’re finally past the days of confusing names :wink:

1 Like

Xbox Series X2 and Series S2, along with a Series SP (for @Sikamikanico)

4 Likes

Yeah, I also see that following of the naming convention X2, S2 and so on.

1 Like

The Xbox app.

1 Like

Cool for those with a PS5, me…I will be lost in space.

9 Likes

Can’t help but think Sony wants to sabotage Xbox with this move. Well, it depends on the day though, but still. That said it’s amazing we have yet to see a gameplay. Funny how you guys were hellbent on Starfield to be delayed, but with anything else, yes it will be out this year.

Starfield WAS delayed though, and most people just wanted the game to get the time it needed - whether that involved a delay or not. :man_shrugging:

As for Spiderman it’s not really a topic that has come up much has it? I mean we have more reason to be discussing an Xbox exclusive’s release window over a Playstation one. Plus I’d generally assume the development cycle for a direct sequel that can build off the existing framework will be smoother than a big mechanically complex new IP from Bethesda.

1 Like

if Sony wanna risk another horizon fail, then i’m all for spiderman going head to head with starfield in the same month or even week.

5 Likes

I will buy at $20 just like the last one

5 Likes

The whole point of naming it Xbox Series was because they just want you to call it “Xbox”. The series part is just tacked on because you need ways to describe which version you are referring to. They really just want you to call it Xbox though.

Nonetheless your point is valid. It does need to have a version name. Series 2 works for me.

If next-gen is released in 2027 then:

• Xbox Series S '27
  • Xbox Series X '27

Xbox Series [model] [year]

4 Likes

I get your point, but at the same time…has Insomniac ever delayed any of their big Sony exclusives? I guess people just trust that it won’t get delayed and won’t need lots of marketing beforehand. Although August does sound rather late.

I think Starfield and Spiderman could release on the same day, even, and still both be massive gargantuan successes.

3 Likes

Let’s go baby!! Give me more!!

Last generation, everyone asked for Microsoft to acquire studios and get/have more games including myself. Well, no one can ever say that they didn’t do what everyone asked for. lol

I’m still betting on November for Starfield despite it’s September 6th release date. Same for Spider Man 2. COD mid to late October. Those are my predictions and until the game(s) actually release, im sticking with them. lmao

Starfield was delayed, twice. And I predict a third delay. Staying with November. Spider Man 2 will also be November but no delay seeing as how Sony hasn’t given it a release date whatsoever. Correct me if im wrong but if Tony Todd is doing motion capture now or just recently wrapped it up, yeah, September isn’t happening.

1 Like

Starfield was delayed and afaik, the first Spiderman also released in September

11 Likes