XboxEra Community Game of the Year 2022 - VOTING THREAD!

Vampire Survivors could do very well it seems.

2 Likes

Didn’t play a lot of 2022 releases since Elden Ring & Bayonetta 3 consumed my life last year plus I played/revisited a lot of older games but I had a ton of fun with all of them. Here is my list:

1. Elden Ring - Spent over 300hrs into this world and I am still tempted to start a new save file. Along with BotW Elden Ring is the best open world game that I have ever played mostly due to the unparalleled sense of discovery and exploration, of course the god-tier boss gauntlet and impeccable designed legacy dungeons were two more reasons to fall in love with this game. From proved for one more time that they are among the top studios of the industry.

2. Bayonetta 3 - Instead of releasing a Bayonetta 2.5 Platinum instead decided to bring something fresh to the series and the genre with Bayonetta 3, the inclusion of Demon Slaves is a game changer in so many ways. Amazing combat system, a batshit insane amount of content and an enjoyable story makes this easily one of the best games in the genre IMO.

3. Tinykin - This was the surprise of the year for me, Tinykin is such a fun and relaxing experience that was really refreshing to see. Collectathon platformers can still be relevant today and Tinykin is the proof. Can’t wait to see what this team does next!

4. Signalis

5. Tunic

6. Kirby and the Forgotten Land

7. The Callisto Protocol

8. Prodeus

9. High On Life

Ongoing game: Forza Horizon 5

4 Likes
  • 1: Rogue Legacy 2 - pure and simple this is the game I played and enjoyed the most

• 2: Overwatch 2

• 3: Tunic

• 4: Stray

• 5: Vampire Survivors

• 6: Pentiment

• Ongoing Game 1: Terraria - 10 years on, massive free updates, never charged a dime for any of it - the ultimate labor of love

2 Likes

Keep 'm coming!

1 Like

Indeed. And keep playing! Because I noticed that @CallMeCraig’s list included both Monkey Island (a game I loved) and Norco (a game I was intrigued by, but hadn’t played,) I decided to give the latter a shot.

It’s now a couple of days later and while I haven’t completed Norco yet, I really, really like it. So much so that it’s shot up to #4 on my list, bumping A Plague Tale off it altogether.

edit: Credit for nudging me to give Norco a shot also goes to @jasheeldz, who wrote a compelling paragraph about the game.

3 Likes
  1. Sonic Frontiers: Huge Sonic fan, so really glad this turned out well. Of course, it isn’t perfect. The game’s got some jank and it certainly felt like some aspects weren’t totally fleshed out towards the end of the game. But man, this game was a blast. Whether it be running around in the open world, fighting enemies, speedrunning cyberspace levels, or partaking in the game’s amazing boss fights, this game was just so hard to put down. Also, the music, oh man. You can definitely tell the team cares this time around, and I’m really excited to see what’s next.

2. Persona 5 Royal: I know it’s a port but I’m gonna include it anyway. It’s too good of a game not to do so. The turn-based gameplay felt quite fluid, and I loved going through the game’s many dungeons. The awesome presentation and music just elevated the experience even more. I honestly didn’t like the social aspects at first, but they grew on me as I went on. The story was great, but it was the Royal-exclusive third semester that really elevated it for me, that whole segment was definitely one of the best things in gaming I’ve experienced thus far.

3. AI: The Somnium Files - nirvanA Initiative: Fantastic follow-up to the original game. It’s got a really intriguing plot with some awesome twists and a great cast of characters. Definitely something you should experience if you’re into mystery stories or visual novels!

4. LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga: Probably one of the best LEGO games yet. It would’ve been nice if the levels were longer and had more depth to them, but there are a lot of them and they do a great job at representing all the different eras of Star Wars. The hub worlds are fantastic, though. It’s a lot of fun just going around, solving puzzles and collecting things. There’s a ton of content in the game, definitely worth it.

5. Soul Hackers 2: This is a pretty good JRPG fix. The gameplay’s pretty fun, in typical Atlus fashion, and I loved the process of collecting and fusing demons. Unfortunately, I did feel like the other aspects of the game were lackluster, such as the story, cast, and dungeon design. However, I had a fun time overall and I’m glad this game got me into Shin Megami Tensei. Hopefully the mainline games come over to Xbox one day!

6. PowerWash Simulator: I think this counts, right? I didn’t expect to enjoy this game as much as I did. It’s a great way to kill some time and relax.

6 Likes

:slight_smile:

• 1: Sonic Frontiers

• 2: Gotham Knights

• 3: Lego Star Wars The Skywalker Saga

• 4: Vampire Survivor

• 5: Pokemon Scarlet

• 6: The Callisto Protocol

• 7: Overwatch 2

• 8: WWE 2K22

• 9: Ninja Turtles Shredders Revenge

• 10: Two Point Campus

• Ongoing Game 1: Animal Crossing

• Ongoing Game 2: Forza Horizon 5

• Ongoing Game 3: Halo Infinite

Biggest letdown of the year goes to Dying Light 2 :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Let’s keep the lists coming! We need more! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I could do a second one… :disguised_face:

2 Likes
  • 10 Halo Infinite FORGE
  • 9 You Suck At Parking
  • 8 Prodeus
  • 7 Lego Brick Tales
  • 6 Blade Runner Enhanced Edition
  • 5 Escape Academy
  • 4 Immortality
  • 3 High on Life
  • 2 Vampire Survivors
  • 1 Tunic
5 Likes

1: Elden Ring

2: Overwatch 2

3: Vampire Survivors

4: Plague Tale Requiem

5: High On Life

6: Somervile

2 Likes
  • 1: Grounded
  • 2: God of War Ragnarök
  • 3: Nobody Saves the World
  • 4: Kirby and the Forgotten Land
  • 5: Tunic
  • 6: Pentiment
  • 7: Splatoon 3
  • 8: Gran Turismo 7
  • 9: Tinykin
  • 10: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder’s Revenge
  • Ongoing Game 1: Sea of Thieves
  • Ongoing Game 2: Rainbow Six Siege
  • Ongoing Game 3: Forza Horizon 5
9 Likes

You just made someone’s work tougher to count the votes… Lol

1 Like

A Benevolent Dictator indeed…

Let’s goo :slight_smile:

1 Like

like this? If I was doing my list for 2008 I’d probably include this…

2 Likes
  1. Overwatch 2
  2. Gotham knights
  3. Arceus
  4. Soul hackers 2
  5. Pokémon scarlet
  6. Tiny Tina’s wonderlands
  7. High on life ( would’ve been higher if not for a corrupted ave file)
2 Likes

I’ll do a preliminary list since I might still be able to squeeze in a game or two before the deadline. I don’t rush playing most things since I have a huge backlog…

1. Immortality A truly unique experience where the hair on the back of my neck stood up more than once. I was hooked from that moment and I dug through everything in that game. Brilliant!

2. Pentiment What a brilliant game! The stories, history, characters and mystery had me hooked from the beginning to end. What an incredible game, so unique and detailed and beutiful in many ways. I loved it all.

3. PowerWash Simulator I never thought a game like this could hook me like this did. I became obsessed with cleaning all the dirt away, everywhere… Perfect podcast game.

4. Dying Light 2 The game I spent the most time with during the year. It had a decent story, great melee combat in first person, great exploration and so much fun things to do and discover. Great game.

5. As Dusk Falls Interesting story, told in an interesting way. It felt like choices mattered, and I will definitely dive into this again for a few more playthroughs in the future.

6. Grounded I have not had the opportunity to play this as much as I’d like to, but it’s a very well done little survival game.

7. High On Life Incredibly dumb, very silly and a pretty good action shooter platformer! The humour did not always land with me, but it was generally amusing. The Gatlians, villains and some of the side characters were great.

Best ongoing game:

1. Battlefield 2042 Yes, I’m serious. Jumped on when Season 3 hit and the game landed on Game Pass. The new stuff is very good and the events over the holidays were really good. Looks like things are going in the right direction for once.

2. Forza Horizon 5 The Hot Wheels expansion was very good, but outside that I didn’t really play much. I don’t feel it like I did with FH4 which held me a lot longer. Still great support over the year.

3 Likes
  1. Saints Row
  2. Citizen Sleeper
  3. Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands
  4. GRID Legends
  5. Gran Turismo 7

Lots of games that I’m enjoying but haven’t beaten yet (like Plague Tale) so may edit this before 2/5.

Yeah I know lol. What can I say. I just really liked Saints Row. Despite its faults it was a game that was just totally on my wavelength and I had a blast playing it.

3 Likes