As I did with ResetEra, I decided to make a custom CSS theme for the XboxEra forums; purely to bring things inline with my own personal preference. My ResetEra theme was well received and XboxEra required a ton less work, so I thought I’d upload it for others to use. I dislike ‘light’ themes, so I wrote that one up pretty quick; hopefully I didn’t miss any colors (I just modified the dark version).
Instructions on how to install can be found at the link. Please note I’m no professional; Everything I’ve done is via reverse engineering and am I self taught, so if you notice any issues feel free to let me know.
Make sure the built in site theme matches whichever you choose in mine as I rely on some default colors. I also recommend going to your profile interface preferences and set ‘Text Size’ to ‘Smallest’. Some features:
- 3 options (Dark/Light, show/hide forum banners, show/hide thread preview images)
- Wider layout – Utilizes space better.
- Less padding – Get more content on screen!
- More color – Easier to distinguish where some posts end and other begin.
- New unread indicator – to the left of each thread is a thicker border; if this is green there are unread posts.