Xbox Wire: Xbox Series X|S are the only next gen consoles to have full RDNA2

I dont think we will get anymore info about the PS5 hardware, now they will just focus on there more mass market advertising.

7 Likes

Buahahahaha!

We were told to wait til official specs, then to wait for GDC, then wait for the hardware reveal in June, then wait til the August showcase, then wait for the official teardown, then wait for the AMD event…

ANY day now! :stuck_out_tongue:

9 Likes

It was sarcastic my friend.

giphy (7)

5 Likes

tenor (23)

3 Likes

Haha, i guess i was wrong.

1 Like

Took a trip online to see the reactions and meltdowns on the various forums & I would say…Oof LMAO

images (3) tenor (24)

5 Likes

You can’t strip out features if they aren’t there yet…

f00815c2e7b2e39cdf28ac0b2e1d516b

7 Likes

Remember this DF article fom back in June about the PS5 showcase event? Where they said:

“While the jury is still out in the absence of higher quality assets, what we’ve seen so far across the board shows little to no evidence of the use of variable rate shading - a technique Microsoft is championing as a key efficiency driver in next-gen rendering.”

Point is we’ve gotten plenty of hints from reputable sources about PS5 lacking key features that MS was bragging about. Even a Sony engineer let it slip. This really shouldn’t be too surprising but instead we have a certain group in complete denial even though MS flat ought said they’re the only console/s with the full RDNA2 feature set. How they waited until they got the full RDNA2 architecture.

Games one to two years from now are going to really blow our minds. That much I’m certain.

14 Likes

That’s all need to be said.

I can accept people defending PS5 hardware but they simply can’t defend makers of it ‘sony’.

They should ask them certain questions.

If in the worst case scenario, things turn out to be 1440p vs 4k - how will sony defend the price if PS5?

Will it be a sony tax to pay more for less capable hardware because they won the 8th gen?

3 Likes

Yep it has everything on hardware and software level. Full RDNA2 full stop. Some still in denial trying to dance around the infinity cache lol enjoy the salt!

“Xbox Series X|S are the only next-generation consoles with full hardware support for all the RDNA 2 capabilities AMD showcased today.”

2 Likes

They are respected because the team provide conclusive evidence on there part to backup everything they say.

That’s the thing about them which is respected. They are expert of there own field. I don’t think there is any engineering degree where performance of games is tested by just a captured footage.

Na! Keep waiting until Sony sell 100 million PS5. They will tell you it had RDNA100. Waited for this milestone to reveal it.

Lol

2 Likes

Imagine the reactions if people see Xbox Series S has better framerate perfs than PS5 during DF face off…

Nooooooooooo! Lol

1 Like

At 1080p it very likely will in some games. Not joking. It will be loading faster too.

6 Likes

Anyone watching the AMD reveal would have seen how linked together AMD and MS were for Rdna 2. It was sprouted by Sony Fanboys that Sony helped develop Rdna with AMD, but it appears to be the other way around. It looks like AMDs version of VRS, SF, Mesh Shaders was done via Microsoft tech, and as such Sony most likely couldn’t have access to them due to it being MS IP.

6 Likes

I agree you don’t need an engineering background to benchmark games. We all can do that. The reason I asked that question is because someone from DF made a comment about RDNA 2 and performance between XSX and PS5. I was just wondering if that opinion is a qualified one…

Anything at this point is useless to say. They may have said something to keep the expectations in check.

Until now, whatever they have said should be taken as a soft comment.

They will test games and then report there final conclusion.

Phil wasn’t willing to settle for that diet RDNA2

12 Likes