Xbox Series X Runs Cooler and Consumes Less Power With Instant-On After New Update

Holy shit…that is instant. This month needs to go fast!!! LOL.

1 Like

The Series X is a damn masterpiece and there aren’t even games made from the ground up for Series X yet.

1 Like

the fact the menu is sdr is useful when you are calibrating your tv settings for sdr content. As i had to calibrate for hdr, sdr, and dolby vision settings, then i also had to calibrate the same content when using webos.

However, i realize not each person dials down setting for each type of content like i do. but its nice that lg oleds are smart enough to remember so you only have to do it once.

True. I will only be using the LG CX OLED for gaming though so im not extremely picky with the settings. Like, I’ll go through everything once I setup the TV and it’s done. I don’t change settings based on the game or anything. It’s basically a general setup. Did this for PS4 Pro using the Sony X800D 4K HDR TV and outside of AC Origins, I had no issues with HDR or anything. If I do, more times than not, it’s because HDR wasn’t properly implemented.

oh i don’t change it per game you generally just have to launch each content type once in game mode. Then the LG’s remember. So while in game mode on the tv I launched a game in hdr and calibrated. Then i went to netflix so dolby vision kicked on and calibrated the picture settings. Then I calibrated tv settings on the xbox main menu as its sdr and doesn’t have dolby vision or hdr. As each type of content has its own settings. So the hdr settings aren’t aren’t necessarily the dolby vision settings and if not set they are just generic settings. Its a little annoying but atleast it only has to be done once.

1 Like

Okay. Understood.

Are there any games as of now that uses Dolby Vision HDR or is every game HDR10?

Dolby vision for gaming side is coming in 2021. so you will see dolby vision games within the next 12 months.

Oh, okay, cool. So when that happens, I’ll adjust my settings according. Thanks.