Xbox No Longer Using Xbox 20/20 Phrasing

That’s the thing I think it was more about a misspoke than actually announcing 1 extra year. Ms guys often talk about stuff they previously announced /talked about without an update.

But I don’t think that’s a bad thing (their cross gen period situation). They are letting studios make next gen exclusives if they think the extra power will help the game, but otherwise they are committing to a longer support. It’s kinda insane that this was spun as a bad thing and that Sony is being championed and the pro consumer there.

Shit like this is always spinned into bad news, like why is this even news in the first place.

@LucasTaves @Khalid117x I’m not saying that supporting you platform is a bad thing, I don’t mind it. I’m talking about confusing Microsoft messaging and I mind that a lot. Either commit or don’t, just be persistent. That’s the problem with this 20/20 strategy, with supporting xbox one and many other things. Anyway, I think I made my point clear, so I won’t dwell on it anymore. Let’s talk about positives :slight_smile:

Yeah I get what you’re saying. But Xbox learned the hard way that you have to focus on your customers. I think they got super sensitive to consumer response over the last 7 years. And that’s mostly a good thing. Imaging they would have stuck with their original xbox one pitch. For me Xbox One today is a far more superior system than it was 7 years ago. I don’t think their is any console out there that evolved as much as xbox one and it’s way better for it.

I agree that their message could be better, but I think they are kinda playing it safe, because it has been spun as a negative. So they are like, yeah, we are going to try and support it, but studios are free to do whatever they want, it’s not enforced.

At the same time they are not ready to talk about their long term Xcloud plan. Phil already hinted that’s one way to get consoles supported for basically forever but there’s no official response yet.

1 Like