Xbox needs to upgrade Achievments

I like it, it makes platinums more meaningful. It’s only smaller games that don’t have them.

For example it’s silly how gamerscore is totally meaningless since you can get 100G from an indie game for doing the tutorial but most multi-hour achievements in a big RPG or whatever are 10G. Equivalent of only some games having platinums would be if some games were only worth 100G total (or whatever).

Early Xbox One games did something similar (sometines with video clips instead of screenshots), and I was reminded of that when I returned to Forza Horizon 2. The ability is there, but it’s up to devs to implement it. To be honest, I greatly dislike it, and if it ever becomes a system-wide thing, there better be an option to disable it.

Yes to game completion badges, and yes to avatar rewards and similar unlockable goodies. In-game rewards that some Challenges used to give you were also nice, depending on the implementation.

I can’t say that I care for trophy-style player levels (I remember Xbox Rewards used to assign something similar based on gamerscore, increasing your cash return on purchases in the process - I have no idea if Microsoft Rewards do that as well, my country is still not supported), but I’d like to see classes or descriptors of some kind assigned based on what you play and how you unlock achievements.

How’s the new ps5 trophy system I think I completely missed that?

Regarding achievements, yeah I think they do. They had some cool ideas at xbone launch that didn’t stick and kinda never tried again.

Another area that is in severe need of an overhaul is the social aspects like clubs

Thanks for clarifying! I don’t mind the disparity in points personally, since I don’t tend to compare one game to another. To me, achievements are just ways of knowing how close I am to completing a game/very small contributions towards gift cards.

I would like to see a “Platinum” more akin to the badges we got for completed games on the 360. So not an achievement but something nice to unlock at completion that we can show off in profiles or something.

2 Likes

I would be nice if they made the avatars front and center again? Those feel like an after thought now? Then the achievements could be used to buy stuff for your avatar. Give everyone a virtual house and anyone could go into your house with their own avatar and look around at you achievments

2 Likes

I was never really a fan of avatars but this is a really cute idea. Was there a thing kinda like that on PS3 I wanna say?

Edit: Of course I remembered it right after posting, I was thinking of Playstation Home. (Sidenote, “XrossMediaBar” hits my eye so wrong I took a bit of damage.)

Just add something like a platinum trophy for games you have completed and I think the system would be fine.

Things I miss the most from the trophy system:

• Platinum Trophies indicating that foi completed a game;
  • A trophy card showing your level, number of achievements and latest trophies;
  • Separated DLC lists;
  • Automatic screenshots for every trophy you unlocked.
1 Like

Such an important topic that I feel that Microsoft has fallen behind on. Ironic when you factor in that they were the ones that invented this whole thing to begin with.

I’ve had a ton of random ideas over the years but I never wrote them down so I’ll just post them here once I remember each one.

• One idea was similar to something akin to PlayStation Home where you had your own little apartment where I figured you can use your Xbox Avatar to go around your little apartment with your friends in Party Mode and show off your trophies. Some of the older 2K games had something similar. To make this idea a bit contemporary, how about featuring achievements as actual trophies that you can import into next gen Minecraft?

• The other was that all Xbox users should have banners much like you see in fighting games and in competitive FPS games where your banner demonstrates your accomplishments and your experience. And that achievements can unlock banners for you as you can proudly display rare achievements.

I lost interest in achievements this gen, because the icons became background images, and a lot of devs just copy and pasted the same image 50 times.

3 Likes

They should fix the bug where if you unlock too many at one time or have gotten alot of GS in a single day, your GS is not updated correctly and I’m sure the more higher GS if you have the more frequently this bug happens.

This is really nice, didn’t realize I was missing it until I saw your comment. I think there were a few times where it conflicted with a game not letting you capture photo/video in a funny way though.

1 Like

All I really want is dlc achievements to be separated from the main game. if that was the case I would have so many more completed games. it’s honestly annoying that all progress made to get all achievements in a game can easily be squandered when a new dlc list gets added.

What is even nicer is that before this feature was added I used to take a screenshot of the moment the Platinum popped on the screen. And then they went and made it automatic!

Edit: I’ve found my OneDrive folder with my old Platinum screenshots!

1 Like