Xbox Home dashboard redesign

This is exactly what I want but at the same time, I wouldn’t see this as a bad thing. lol

But making everything so small just to show off the Background wallpaper more will impact and diminished the user interface and navigation experience.

I rather it works than having it look good while it not function good as before.

1 Like

I’m in alpha skip ahead and can only pin one group. This is not enough. And i don’t want to see this advertisement crap all over the place.

1 Like

Well there it is you sign up to be an insider which = beta tester so you test their unfinished dashboard and updates.

Pins and stuff should all be back once the official update roll out to everyone and not just insider/beta tester.

Advertisement is not a big deal i only get gaming releated ads and store sales so that actually a good thing to know.

For me a home screen should be a functional zen like place, with no adverts or reminders of the capitalist world I find myself. Instead the first step to making me feel I’m in a happy place. Akin to reclining in a luxurious leather chair, ready to disappear into some brilliantly immersive escapist gaming. And if you could sprinkle some stats & achievements for me to look at with the touch of a button. That would be great for me to get my geek on.

For those who are happy to have it look like a supermarket display shelf sat in an Argos car park, you may just get your wish. But I hope not.

I did read that Xbox were waking up to the negative feedback expressed by Insiders. Lets hope so. :blush:

What kind of ads are they displaying?

I think they pushed another update? This has way more sections than I had before. Listing them out like this makes me mad from realizing exactly how horrible it is.

I loaded up the Xbox alpha dashboard now, here is the various sections ad I scroll down from top to bottom, and I’ll note the 1 single customization I was able to do [Section 3].

1. Home Screen with 6 larger tiles of recently loaded games and apps.
  2. 4 medium tiles underneath of various widths, includes [My Games and Apps], [Microsoft Store, Upcoming Achievement (2x width), Game Pass (2x width), Promoted Content for Fall Guys Season 2 (2x width)
  3. The single Pin group I was able to add. My group is “Staples” where I have all the games I play consistently.
  4. Recently add - Game Pass. This is Tall thin tiles for games recently added to game pass
  5. The Game Awards 2022 - Game Pass. This is a shorter but wider tile for what I assume are games nominated for awards to the show focused more on advertising than actual games and awards.
  6. A section of multi-media apps, including many apps I will never ever use or install like VUDU Fandango.
  7. Top Free Games. This is a Tall thin tiles for games.
  8. Coming to Game Pass. This is large square tiles like from Section 1
  9. Watch & Listen. This is 2 huge square tiles on top for Cyber Monday stuff and content for Disney+ with 3 tiles underneath for trending movies or such.
  10. Games coming Soon. It’s another Tall and Thin tile section for games.
  11. Games with Gold section.
  12. EA Play brings the best of EA to Game Pass
  13. Trending Games
  14. Nostalgia. Older games like Cuphead and Narita Boy and Castlevania Collection
  15. Leaving Soon - Game Pass. List of games leaving Game Pass, using 1 unit high and double width.
  16. EA Play Titles. Tall and Thin Tiles

Section 6 is absolutely stupid because I already have my own custom Pin Group that I call “Media” that has all the apps in it that I actually use. I would much rather be able to PIN that than to see anything like Section 6.

Fuck all the sections 4 through 16 in the above list. Let me add them if I want them.

My desired Dashboard:

• New Section 1 - Recently launched games and apps
  • New Section 2 through N - My customized PIN Groups
3 Likes

Useless ‘information’ about free games, nominations for the Game Awards, top movie rentals etc. You would think Microsoft has enough trained AI to know i never click on this useless shit. But alas, they still flood my dashboard with these lists. There is even a Games with Gold section to mock me paying for this stuff.

Seriously, there is even a section Nostalgia with (i don’t make this up) Cuphead. Why can’t i pin my Classics group with real old stuff like Daytona USA etc.?!

Disgusting.

2 Likes

Sounds pretty dire! I’m pretty happy with the current dash, so I’m hoping that whatever they eventually roll out for the public build, doesn’t stray too far from that.