Xbox Game Studios |OT9| How many games would a game studio make if a game studio could make games?

It’s just your thing and simple like many others

Not every game is everyone’s cup of tea

But you know you would play it for its next gen graphics… That’s what I am excited about. Everything else is just a surprise for me

Heilung is all I need to be crazy hyped for HB2. The first game had some bangers and the music so far in the HB2 showings was pretty damn good.

I am personally interested in HB2 mainly due to graphics, not gameplay.

I didn’t care for the first one tbh but that was mostly down to the combat, which i hated. Though they’ve said they plan to improve in that area so we’ll see. However after seeing The Northman, i am a bit more interested than i was before due to the setting.

I think Hellblade II is much more ambitious than what has been shown. The gameplay demo was fairly narrow and I think people are expecting another very linear walking simulator, while everything they’ve said so far indicates the game being much bigger in scope. Hopefully we get a full on reveal in June and a release date.

2 Likes

That is a great movie. Some serious Hellblade vibes there, but also AC, Witcher (especially music wise at times). I really hope they will come with a raw, visceral, brutal, bloody combat system. It would really suit the overall experience in my opinion. It’s anything but a kid’s game, no reason to hold back, let’s go!

I have yet to start a proper playthrough for the first one, it’s a game you really need to be in the mood for. I recently saw some videos of Enslaved again and man, I really hope at some point they will make something like that again. A story that isn’t crazy serious or dark, neither too happy or cheerful, interesting characters, very fun combat, just a very enjoyable action adventure. DmC was a fun time too, but it was no Enslaved. It also doesn’t need to be open world or anything, Enslaved was great with the level design.

1 Like

I was no fan of DmC (to put it lightly) but mechanically it was the best thing Ninja Theory had done. I wouldn’t mind them tackling that kind of thing again with their own IP. (Or if MS were to let them have a go at the Marlowe Briggs IP with an actual budget) Rahni Tucker who worked on combat for DmC and Bleeding Edge is working on HB2 which gives me more hope for it combat wise.

5 Likes

I hate DmC, I hope they learned a lot about combat with it and implement it on HB2.

1 Like

What did you think of Enslaved? :slight_smile:

HB2 won’t have that sort of 3rd person free roam combat. Will be much more similar to 1 but more depth and abilities similar to that of God of War.

Unless I haven’t been following Hellblade 2 and its a straight up 3rd person action game now…

Anyone listen to Xbox Two?

JEz convinced or positive that we’ll get Persona news soon of ports. But Not sure where the actual original Resetera info comes from

I’m still skeptical.

1 Like

Probably that leaker/insider who was extremely confident that Persona 3 and 4 were coming but not necessarily 5.

But who is it?

They start talking about it here

Sarts around 1 hour 14mins in.

Like you’re looking for the actual post or wondering who that person posting is?

Those are already playable on Xbox via emulation :skull:

2 Likes

I believe that Modern Warfare 2 is going to be the 2nd most liked game announcement tweet ever (as far as I’m aware). Lots of hype !

• The Witcher 4: 325k

• MWII: 340k (at the moment)

• GTA Trilogy: 349k

• GTAVI: 600k

As long as it doesn’t go as far as the first one does with use of mental illness, and brings about better combat and a story that involves others I think this game is going to be great.

It seems it’s going even harder. The TGA gameplay trailer was too much for me honestly

My thing with it isn’t even with combat, and I think it will be great but it doesn’t seem like something I want to put myself through anymore, I just have no capacity for emotionally raw and intense and violent depiction like that.

I’m not expecting to see Hellblade 2 again until Xbox Games Showcase 2023 as I believe that it will be Microsoft’s big holiday 2023 title.

1 Like

Probably appears that BGS is working on some mobile project besides Starfield and Fallout 76

https://careers-zenimax.icims.com/jobs/2577/senior-artist/job?in_iframe=1

• Integrate assets in the Unity game engine

You are comfortable producing quality and optimized work for the mobile platform (low poly, small textures with well-packed UVs)