Xbox Game Studios |OT9| How many games would a game studio make if a game studio could make games?

The story is over though. If they made another one, it would need to be very different or risk just being a retread of the first two games. With how many games they have now vs when Ori was coming out, I think it’s fine to leave it be and work on future titles which could be the NEXT Ori (i.e. The Wandering Tower from Stoic).

Also, yeah, I would rather Xbox not work with Moon again given their issues, and I don’t know what other studio could handle Ori (Team Cherry maybe but they’re busy). Maybe the future of Ori could be a 3D platformer.

2 Likes

it’s perfect as 2D, and I get the story is over in that we know how it ends but, they can certainly fill in some story in between the two games. Or maybe a soft reboot with another character/creature (Ku?)

That’s been my theory, that Ku would be the star of a third game. “Ku and the Search for Ori” or something.

I’d love to see it but I also think Ori is the sort of IP that could be left alone for a while. You don’t want to risk people souring on it because it’s one of the few sources of first party goodwill from the Xbox One generation.

1 Like

Probably a bit more. Over 2021 they had not 25 millions subscribers on average, only at the end.

2 Likes

Thank god Bethesda, Obsidian and inXile are all under the same roof now. I love hearing Tim, Leonard, Brian and Fergus talk about the origins of the series.

15 Likes
9 Likes

Hope they Call it Xbox Series C for Cloud.

1 Like

IDK I think iif anyone else made it the media would automatically say its not as good despite the negative aura around moon studios

15 Likes

I mean, that’s the media’s problem. I’m just not one to shelve a franchise that clearly is still valued.

4 Likes
6 Likes

well that’s interesting…

8 Likes

Let sleeping dogs lie.

But I guess not. I’ve given up on it.

3 Likes

I would agree with you but Microsoft owns the Scalebound IP so I’d rather Microsoft try to do something with it. Otherwise I would rather Microsoft sell the IP if they never plan on using it.

4 Likes

Fallout New Vegas 2 confirmed! /jk

6 Likes

TV & FILM GIFs — onastyamiga: Ted Lasso (2020-) Do you ...

The Myth lives on.

3 Likes

The streaming box is a neat catch, but I think he’s stretching with the whole “took care to hide” bit. I don’t think anything should be read into that at all. I think he just got some more stuff since the GamesBeat Summit, and didn’t yet want to take the RDR box down. I doubt very much it’s a big plot or attempt at teasing anything.

But yeah, neat streaming box, if that’s what it is. I’m surprised it’s not quite a bit smaller, I was expecting basically a Chromecast sized dongle, not a little box with multiple ports. But come to think of it, it absolutely makes sense for it to have an ethernet port, to ensure being able to have the fastest connection your internet can provide.

Starfield looks sweet. I’m looking forward to chilling on my couch to play some Starfield next year.

3 Likes

Tbh it does look like Xbox could be doing something with platinum, doesn’t mean it’s scalebound also from the looks of bayo 3 it looks like they incorporated scalebound in it.

4 Likes

In what ways?

1 Like